What's new
I have no idea why, but I've tried two different RGB-PI's in my cab and the amplifier chip blew on both.
Might try this to see if I have better luck.

I have no idea why, but I've tried two different RGB-PI's in my cab and the amplifier chip blew on both.
Might try this to see if I have better luck.
The LM4952 amplifier uses a 12 volt power source.
I recommend checking the voltage coming out of your cabinet is proper.

The new board has slide switches instead of jumpers and a more powerful cooling fan.

New stock and ready to ship.
20230816_160534.jpg

20230816_160754.jpg

bit.ly/43JaYyv

Last edited:
My two just arrived (well ahead of the shipping estimate) and got one set up. Super simple to get running!

I had to trim the foot by the volume a little with an exacto because there was a pin interfering but there was plenty of space once trimmed.
IMG_8452.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

The new board has slide switches instead of jumpers and a more powerful cooling fan.

New stock and ready to ship.
bit.ly/43JaYyv
Ordered. I've been looking for a Pi JAMMA solution to cover games I can't play on original hardware or MiSTer. Arpicade is pricey, and Recalbox JAMMA doesn't appear to be taking orders now, so this looked like a good option.

Has anyone come across any pre-made images for rgb-pi. not specifically asking for links I dont want to go against community standards. I just haven't seen anything

Not really. I got recalbox running on it but couldn't get my jamma buttons to work.

Anyone know what romset is used for FBN on RGB Pi OS 4? I found the info for OS 2 on their site, but not OS 4... wondering if it is different.

Got started setting this up tonight. RGP-PI OS4 beta26 installed and booted just fine. Hardware, video, and buttons seem all good but I'm having trouble getting the roms installed. I'm trying to use an external USB stick to store the roms but for the life of me I can get the OS to create the directory structure needed to then copy the roms into. I formatted the stick as exFAT and the OS sees and can load it but then, nothing.

I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious but the documentation on OS4 is kinda sparse and the usual google searches haven't unearthed an answer. For OS2 I see you needed to format the USB device from the system itself but I see no such option on OS4.

Anyone who has this up and running and can point me in the right direction I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Got started setting this up tonight. RGP-PI OS4 beta26 installed and booted just fine. Hardware, video, and buttons seem all good but I'm having trouble getting the roms installed. I'm trying to use an external USB stick to store the roms but for the life of me I can get the OS to create the directory structure needed to then copy the roms into. I formatted the stick as exFAT and the OS sees and can load it but then, nothing.

I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious but the documentation on OS4 is kinda sparse and the usual google searches haven't unearthed an answer. For OS2 I see you needed to format the USB device from the system itself but I see no such option on OS4.

Anyone who has this up and running and can point me in the right direction I'd sincerely appreciate it.
you have to format the USB drive using RGB-Pi OS. I forget exactly where it is -- maybe under the ROM scanner -- there is an option to prep the USB drive. then move it back to your PC/Mac and load your ROMs. then plug it back into the Pi.

@mattsoft I've seen this option in OS2 but I couldn't find it in OS4. Are you certain you did this in OS4?

@mattsoft I've seen this option in OS2 but I couldn't find it in OS4. Are you certain you did this in OS4?
Ya, maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I just fired up my RGB-Pi and with the USB drive in, you need to go into Storage you should see USB1 and USB2. \ select USB1 to mount the drive first then scan for games.

@mattsoft Cool, I'll give it another try with a different USB stick. Thx for the thoughts on it.

Got mine today, hardware is wonderful. FBN works amazingly well, even Cave CV-1000 stuff runs. CPS2 kick harness connector works perfectly.

Does anyone know how to get Naomi games going? I tried the arcade/naomi folder and also creating a dreamcast/naomi folder. The arcade/naomi folder doesn't even show up in the UI, and the dreamcast/naomi one does but none of my roms seem to work (tried .zip, .chd, and bin/cue). Dreamcast .chd works, but Naomi doesn't seem to.

Also, Ikaruga on Dreamcast runs in 480i. If I change it in core settings to 320x240, it just looks worse but is still technically 480i. Is there a way to get it to be normal 240p? (Haven't tested any other DC games)

Just found this thread and immediately ordered one. Is there a setup guide anywhere or could someone write something up? Sounds like this might be a bit complicated.
Planning to use mine in a Sega New Astro City with a two player CP.
Edit: Just saw a video of RGB-Pi OS/4 using a light gun. I think a GunCon 2. I am definitely interested in trying to get something like that working.

Last edited:
Back