What's new
Any recommendations on which scsi2sd to get? I’m looking into getting one in the near future. The cd drive I got with my kit works fine but man this thing is ancient. Then again maybe I can just replace the cable for now. It looks like it’s about to fall apart with how old it is. Lol

My only other question at this point is what did you guys get to connect it to the motherboard? I’m planning on getting the TR Fightstick case so I’d like to have everything in there nice and neat. I don’t want to get a harness that’s too long like the one I have now. Lol

It broke after just trying to plug in the moles cable…. Please tell me I can repair this by soldering it back together.
B6196C1F-59C6-43C0-B493-A725872C77A9.jpeg

This is where I ran into issues and had trouble with my setup. (I was trying to extract an .iso file from MAME's CHD, but it didn't work). When you set up your drive in the SCSI2SD software, make CERTAIN that you set the device ID to 1, and that the "parity enabled" is checked. My CPS3 board wouldn't even recognize the adapter until I updated that information.

The CD needs to be 'cloned' onto the SD card. I use WinHex and do the "clone drive" command to clone the file to the SD card. Although the full WinHex isn't free, with so many other things it allows you to do, I think it was worth the purchase. Of course, there are other "less than ethical" ways to get a full functioning WinHex. Heh.
I know this is a very old message but this little advice got my scsi2sd working properly. Thank you from 5 years into the future lmao

Got the scsi2sd to work after burning the iso off of the 2nd impact disc. Can’t wait to get the multibios so I can run everything!
DF33D2CB-C591-4299-98FC-EAB0A7552F06.jpeg

Attachments

• DBE0712C-803A-408E-BF21-0BC3EF0F07B0.jpeg
    DBE0712C-803A-408E-BF21-0BC3EF0F07B0.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 4F9B7D92-3129-4318-B049-578F1236A570.jpeg
    4F9B7D92-3129-4318-B049-578F1236A570.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 94
Got the scsi2sd to work after burning the iso off of the 2nd impact disc. Can’t wait to get the multibios so I can run everything!
Maybe you're already aware of this, but just as a heads up if you mean just replacing your security cart with the multibios you won't be able to run Third Strike with the setup in the photo. You're short a 128MB SIMM on your board. The other games will load fine, but you'll need that SIMM to play 3S.

Maybe you're already aware of this, but just as a heads up if you mean just replacing your security cart with the multibios you won't be able to run Third Strike with the setup in the photo. You're short a 128MB SIMM on your board. The other games will load fine, but you'll need that SIMM to play 3S.
I know, I am waiting on a 128 simm that I bought from someone to arrive as well.

In the meantime give Jojo some love. It’s damn fun once you stop trying to play it like Street Fighter.
For locals it will be used for 3rd Strike, while I would really like to learn JoJos. Game looks really fun and busted lol

Back