What's new
save failed?

Attachments

• save failed.png
    save failed.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 124
doesnt seem to matter for this scsi2sd. interesting- settings dont matter.

Does anyone know where the firmware for revision 5.0a is? Im having issues trying to update it and i think i am doing it all wrong.

Finally, the scsi2sd operation was successful. ㅠ.ㅠ
Thank you very much for all the answers!!The methods are listed in short order, so it would be a good idea to refer to those starting anew.

1. Purchase the scsi2sd board. (https://www.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html)

2. When the scsi2sd board is delivered, get the scsi2sd-util program without inserting the sd card, and connect it to the pc using a usb to micro 5pin cable.Below is the scsi2sd-util program download site.(http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD#Download)

3. Leave the general setting as it is, change the device type to cdrom and the device size to 700MB in the device1 setting window, and proceed by clicking save device in file in the program tab. And remove the scsi2sd board from the pc.

4. CPS III Bios and CD Releases Download the darksoft cps3 image (for reference, I received the mediafire.com/download/p8eieg5…CPS3_for_custom_SH2_V5.7z image).

5. Prepare a micro sd card and format it with the sd card formatter program.

6. Using the Win32DiskImager program, write the darksoft cps3 image iso file received in step 4 to the sd card.

7. Now insert the sd card into the scsi2sd board and run the cps3 multikit. End^^

# scsi2sd work is really recommended. It is so good that the cumbersomeness and noise of the cdrom are gone.
Thanks again to everyone^^

I know i'm going to need this guide haha. Thanks!

I know i'm going to need this guide haha. Thanks!
I was using this for reference but when I go to save settings on my device it fails. I tried using multiple versions for it and all had the same issue. I cant find the rev 5.0a. Not sure what one i can use

Does anyone know where the firmware for revision 5.0a is? Im having issues trying to update it and i think i am doing it all wrong.
Hopefully you've this issue resolved by now, but if not:
Go here for the general info page http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD
for version 5.0a firmware (latest should be 4.8.04) http://www.codesrc.com/files/scsi2sd/latest/

Your settings should be able to save after you update to the latest firmware. Also I tried to use a new Samsung evo 32gb micro sd card and scsi2sd did not load the image from the card. I had to find an old 2gb sandisk micro sd, so memory card brand and technology might matter. Good luck!

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my SCSI2SD working. I keep getting an error message that I don't understand since it's a Japanese region board lol. I tried to auto translate but it made absolutely no sense and basically was just a string of random characters. I attached a picture of it below, my suspicion is that it's an issue with the SCSI2SD itself rather than the SD card image since it gives me the same error whether the SCSI2SD is connected or not, and it gives a different message if I use the standard CD drive without a CD installed. Anyways, I guess I'm a little unsure what the issue is if anyone would be able to help? I'm on a V5.2 board if that matters, and it consistently lights up one LED for a split second before turning off again almost immediately afterwards. I believe I followed the instructions correctly, I updated the firmware, set the SCSI ID to 1, turned Parity on, and I set it to a 700MB CD and then wrote to device, but no matter what it keeps throwing the same error at me. I suppose it's possible it's the wrong image too, I was using a 2nd impact iso to test with before I send my cart off to be upgraded to the superbios but my suspicion was that it'd give me a different error if it were detecting the SCSI2SD device correctly no?

I did see the 5.2 isn't necessarily confirmed working, I saw someone else reference the 5.0 as working so I thought the 5.2 would work too but I suppose I could be wrong, if I did end up getting a non-compatible one I suppose I can buy a new one (though I'll probably just use a CD burner temporarily while I wait for it lol)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0082 copy.jpg
    IMG_0082 copy.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my SCSI2SD working. I keep getting an error message that I don't understand since it's a Japanese region board lol. I tried to auto translate but it made absolutely no sense and basically was just a string of random characters. I attached a picture of it below, my suspicion is that it's an issue with the SCSI2SD itself rather than the SD card image since it gives me the same error whether the SCSI2SD is connected or not, and it gives a different message if I use the standard CD drive without a CD installed. Anyways, I guess I'm a little unsure what the issue is if anyone would be able to help? I'm on a V5.2 board if that matters, and it consistently lights up one LED for a split second before turning off again almost immediately afterwards. I believe I followed the instructions correctly, I updated the firmware, set the SCSI ID to 1, turned Parity on, and I set it to a 700MB CD and then wrote to device, but no matter what it keeps throwing the same error at me. I suppose it's possible it's the wrong image too, I was using a 2nd impact iso to test with before I send my cart off to be upgraded to the superbios but my suspicion was that it'd give me a different error if it were detecting the SCSI2SD device correctly no?

I did see the 5.2 isn't necessarily confirmed working, I saw someone else reference the 5.0 as working so I thought the 5.2 would work too but I suppose I could be wrong, if I did end up getting a non-compatible one I suppose I can buy a new one (though I'll probably just use a CD burner temporarily while I wait for it lol)

Thanks!
Google translate with the camera feature is tits. It doesn’t work on all the cps3 games because sometimes there’s an image behind the text. But for some games, signs, and random directions or instructions, it’s key.

139725EC-91D3-47E5-A8C6-8B0DDB789E26.png

Back