What's new

Yarcade

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a revolution x machine and I'm in need of a pcb repair, the game gives the midway gong and then after about 10 seconds gives the gong again like it keeps rebooting..
I have a couple bad caps on the board and also the 5 chips just below the roms look pretty bad..
I'm struggling to find any one to repair this 😫
The rest of the machine is great condition so I would like to save it rather than emulate the game..
Any help of advice would be great 👍
Kind regards Rob

Attachments

• 20211117_181043.jpg
    20211117_181043.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20211117_190809.jpg
    20211117_190809.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 159
are you sure it's not ripple from an old psu?

Hi guys i have tried vectorglow and he wont repair this type of board sadly

And i have a new power supply fitted, ive checked all voltages and there all correct, i also replaced the little 3 v battery on the board

do you get anything on the display?
do any of the many pal chips get burning hot?

I'd offer to help however it's not a PCB seen on this table before. Had good success with midway in the past however.

Try the basics, voltage, reseat chips, cleanup etc. if you are still struggling and not in a hurry i'd be happy to take a look.

Recap the board. Revolution X has bad surface mount caps that leak severely.

I'd offer to help however it's not a PCB seen on this table before. Had good success with midway in the past however.

Try the basics, voltage, reseat chips, cleanup etc. if you are still struggling and not in a hurry i'd be happy to take a look.
Dude if you can take a look I'd be so grateful every one else has turned a blank and not willing to repair these type of boards so any one that can take a look would be awsome, I'd gladly pay for time..
I have to way of testing or re flowing chips etc so it may be a simple job

Thanks all

Ok, send me a message - if you are close enough can drop it off.

do you get anything on the display?
do any of the many pal chips get burning hot?

Nothing on the display but i have now found out the display is dead and gone off for repair, i tried a vga conversion board and hooked up another display and still nothing, no chips get hot...

Thankfully hammy has kindly offered to take a look for me, at least if some one else takes a look that can power it up on a bench out side the machine may get a better insight to whats happening or not happening as the case may be...

Ive messaged over 10 different contacts on this board and every single person instantly said no thanks no a board i repair.... I wonder what makes this board so hard to repair over other boards ?

i would have offered, but i dont like having those big boards go through the post, they flex a bit too easily. :(
where are you located?

I'm in mid Devon mate near Exeter..

If you or some one can take a look for me I'd be so grateful, I've got a special box I can post it in so it won't get damaged and will gladly pay good money to get this board fixed

talk to hammy first,
i'm having problems with stuff like solder.
this treasonous government has trashed the supply chain and caused hidden inflation to the point that the special solder i use,
it comes from poland and the last reel cost £26, but now it's €40 but they wont even ship it because of fuckery going on with customs.
the nearest equiv in the u.k. is £70+vat !!!!!
(and i'm not paying it)
the only thing we will be able to afford soon is a violent revolution!!

oh, and chip sockets.
i was paying £9 a tube - now it's £13!!!!!!

i have messaged hammy but sadly havent had a reply as of yet, id cover all your costs stj, id buy all your solder and chip sockets etc, cost does not bother me i just want this old girl back up and running..

If you can help id be so grateful mate i really would

You should probably walk away from repairers who don't repair this or that type of hardware.

To my knowledge there are very few reputable repairers:
- @caius in Italy (https://caiusarcade.blogspot.com/)
- Sebastien from reparcade in France (https://www.rep-arcade.com/)
- Apocalypse in New-Zealand but he's gone

I've tried other repairers with mixed results (didn't use the correct replacement parts because they didn't have them in their stock, "unrepairable" boards that Apocalypse has been able to fix, etc.).

well give hammy a chance, it's a weekend afterall - a lot of my people are at a football match right now - just as an example

incidentally, i only use the correct parts and only buy quality stuff - hence my issues.
if i wanted to buy shit chipsockets and chinese recycled solder together with "suntan" branded capacitors then i wouldnt have a problem.
but i wont do that type of shit - i use only quality materials

well give hammy a chance, it's a weekend afterall - a lot of my people are at a football match right now - just as an example

incidentally, i only use the correct parts and only buy quality stuff - hence my issues.
if i wanted to buy shit chipsockets and chinese recycled solder together with "suntan" branded capacitors then i wouldnt have a problem.
but i wont do that type of shit - i use only quality materials
Yes i realise its the weekend etc, i'm so grateful for both you guys offering to help me out, It would be amazing if i can get this old girl fired up again...

Ill be honest i have zero experience with midway so its all new to me, but if some can at least test the board for me then ill know there isnt a issue with my cabinet etc, i have checked the basics and the switching power supply appears to be new...

How do you test for the -5v supply ? i had my red lead on the 5vplus and the put my black lead on the 5v- but ended up with 10 volts so im sure i tested this incorrectly

Back