What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
Se seems I have a Ringedge 1, with an unknown game (seems to need a special IO to boot) and I'm wondering if there's a setup guide out there for a multi-boot? I see them for the Ringedge 2, but I assume that's not applicable to the older model. Found a "re1multi32gb" image, but for the 2's a specific drive was needed etc.

Related: Anyone know how to ID a game from the drive and key?

Bonus question: This here would seem to indicate that the RE2 multi can be made to run on a RE1... anyone have any experience with that? It may be that I'm tired, but I can't make sense of it.

Update after some sleep: OK, so what I think I can do is setup the Ringedge 2 multi system on this 120GB PNY drive and then drop in the contents of this other zip file which will overwrite the Windows setup and drivers with the Ringedge 1 stuff... I seem to recall needing to lock the boot partition or something, will have to look into it more. Also think I need to "soft mod" the RE1 to not need the dongles.

More: Found this helpful check-list.
Step 1: Use HDD Raw Copy Tool (http://www.hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/) to write the image to an appropriate ssd from the approved ssd list
Step 2: Copy the RE1 patch to the main os partition (windows file permissions are a bitch use linux, delete the files being replaced first to make room if necessary)
Step 3: Decrypt the game partition using the key file stored at C:\RE2Multi\RE2Multi.key and add games
Step 4: Use victoria 4.76b (http://hdd.by/Victoria/Victoria476b.zip) to lock the drive using the proper key for your drive
Step 5: Ready to play

PNY CS900 120GB SSD - (SSD7CS900-120-RB) Key: 0242826a1253ca5bf242ea78d263524ab213d22a0a460be66a467f865c8a5a86
Inland Professional 120GB SSD - (4335233676) Key: 324152498a530248ea42fa4aca42da4a2a223a2a0a221a2a6a027a0a4a025a0a
Crucial BX500 120GB SSD - (CT120BX500SSD1) Key: 3250aa589242b259f273627b2273da4a2a223a2a0a221a2a6a026b6e5bce4b86
TDK RS2, RS3 SSD - (OEM Sega) Key: 7242525ABA526A5AEA726278CA42DA4A2A223A2A0A221A2A6A027A0A5CCE4A0A

Still fuzzy on step 3, and I think I need to remove the key fob dependency.

Last edited:
Easiest to get a re1 image and xcopy c: drive contents to your re2 drive, overwriting re2 c: drive.

I never was able to get patch to work.

Easiest to get a re1 image and xcopy c: drive contents to your re2 drive, overwriting re2 c: drive.

I never was able to get patch to work.

Yeah, may have to give that a try as well. Still trying to figure out the whole partition locking thing... for the RE1 image, it looks like it's intended to be written onto an actual RE1 game drive, not 100% sure however so not pulled the trigger on it yet.

Sorry to necro-bump this thread but it came up when I was working on mine! on the RE1 32GB image you can simply create an additional partition at the end of a larger disk, I'm using a 120GB so no need to use 2 disks. You also don't need to worry about the keys and locking the drive if you disable drive security in the BIOS so you can use any drive you like.

1690034791789.png

You can upgrade the processor to a Q6600 on BIOS version 1.12 which is twice as fast as the default Celeron, it's also possible to upgrade hardware drivers by coping the inf and sys/dat/dll files onto the drive when mounted on another PC if you need to update the graphics card. The Windows partition has the enhanced write filter enabled but any attempt to disable it results in loss of the other volumes on reboot.

Last edited:
Sorry to necro-bump this thread but it came up when I was working on mine! on the RE1 32GB image you can simply create an additional partition at the end of a larger disk, I'm using a 120GB so no need to use 2 disks. You also don't need to worry about the keys and locking the drive if you disable drive security in the BIOS so you can use any drive you like.

1690034791789.png

You can upgrade the processor to a Q6600 which is twice as fast as the default Celeron without updating the BIOS, it's also possible to upgrade hardware drivers by coping the inf and sys/dat/dll files onto the drive when mounted on another PC if you need to update the graphics card. The Windows partition has the enhanced write filter enabled but any attempt to disable it results in loss of the other volumes on reboot.
Q6600 838-15014-01 Ok
838-14852 No Microcode Update Loaded for Booting Processor

Attachments

• IMG_6307.jpeg
    IMG_6307.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6305.jpeg
    IMG_6305.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Related: Anyone know how to ID a game from the drive and key?
Yes, either post a picture of the top of the keychip, or the 4 letter keychip ID (SBxx or SDxx).

Yes, either post a picture of the top of the keychip, or the 4 letter keychip ID (SBxx or SDxx).

Thought I'd posted the pile, but guess not. Can try to dig these out of the back of the closet.

1690034791789.png

You can upgrade the processor to a Q6600 on BIOS version 1.12 which is twice as fast as the default Celeron, it's also possible to upgrade hardware drivers by coping the inf and sys/dat/dll files onto the drive when mounted on another PC if you need to update the graphics card. The Windows partition has the enhanced write filter enabled but any attempt to disable it results in loss of the other volumes on reboot.
Thanks for posting this! Cool to see some new tricks shared with the multi after these few years.

And just so noone makes the same obvious mistake as me you have to make those bios settings from a locked drive first.

Cool, an actual Thread about the Multi., thank you:)...can anyone tell me, if there is a way to add and run Ringedge/ringwide shooters or racers?
And, Gehirn, since you mentioned it; I still have 1 locked RE, can someone give me a link to an easy desription how to unlock it?

Cool, an actual Thread about the Multi., thank you:)...can anyone tell me, if there is a way to add and run Ringedge/ringwide shooters or racers?
And, Gehirn, since you mentioned it; I still have 1 locked RE, can someone give me a link to an easy desription how to unlock it?
Unless you have the required io boards and add ons for the guns, wheels, etc those games don't boot so there's not much point adding them and I have seen others say some dont anyway. The only one I have seen working footage of added to the multi is Initial D 8 I think.

Accessing bios only works for Ringedge 1:
-Access the bios as mentioned here with your locked multi drive made from the first post.
-As shown in chunksin's post turn off "boot lock sequence" and "security freeze lock". Sorry can't remember which of the headings its under.
-Unlock your multi drive with victoria and the key as per first post.

Last edited:
Back