What's new

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
Looking for some direction on a Ringedge 2 unit I purchased working with a multi from a member here quite awhile back. Because I have a bad habit of not testing stuff when it arrives, I finally got around to playing with this unit to find it isn't working. At first it was completely dead. Did some research to find out the coin battery could be the culprit, in which it was. So replaced that and everything fired up OK. However, on screen I get this blue screen I have attached a pic of. Looks to me that there is an issue with the SD, which I have attached a pic of that too. I looked around and found a link to a multi, Nikos I believe, and wrote the image to a new SD. When I replaced the original SD with the Niko one I found online, I get a black screen upon boot up with an ERROR 03. I am more concerned about the original setup not functioning, but I am a noob with Sega Ringedge hardware, so looking for direction on how to get this going properly. Any advice on what I could try, etc?

Attachments

• Ringedge2_pic1.jpeg
    Ringedge2_pic1.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Ringedge_pic3.jpeg
    Ringedge_pic3.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Ringedge_pic2.jpeg
    Ringedge_pic2.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 66
I did neither of those, nor was told to. I just assumed I was buying a ready to play unit. I guess I would wonder why it wouldn't have already been done before me getting it. I'll look into these options, thanks for the advice!

That RS3 is from a Nu, isn't it? Probably the unit was set to run without ATA lock and when the battery died, now it's back to default which means that it can only boot from Pwd locked SSDs.

Ask the person who sold it to you how to unlock it again. That's what I would do.

Back