What's new

daskrabs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I wanted to run a TTX3 multi in a Vewlix via Fast I/O but also be able to easily switch to a different system like an Xbox360 or Mister, what's the best way to do that? Wanting to use the Vewlix stick/buttons for everything.

I think the easiest way would be run a Brooks board with it inside your Vewlix. Too bad you want Fast I/O, otherwise, I'd suggest a Sega USB I/O. I run that inside my Vewlix and the JVS portion runs my X3, while I can also run Steam at the same time, using the same I/O.

Yea, I mean its a really strange combo of systems... and my answer would be so different if you just didn't include the 360.

Most of the time I recommend people keep the Vewlix wired for JVS, because that allows you to add JAMMA support with the Jammafier device...
Then you can easily/quickly add FastIO to that by getting the Fast conversion PCB (connects via JAMMA edge) buying you all three arcade formats.
  • JVS (native support)
  • JAMMA (by way of JVS adapter)
  • Fast (by way of JAMMA, by way of JVS adapter)
Mister can work via JAMMA, so you are covered here... Its that damn 360 man, its best interfaced with Brooks boards and that fucks up the whole chain.
With two Brooks PCBs in the control panel you are boned for anything official (ie arcade), and without 'em no easily 360 support.

I guess @Mrhide was right, the best option you have is a complex splitting of the control harness(es).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I'm leaning this way.

Controls: 60-pin housing connector > 2x Brook XB Fighting Boards. The Brook boards should work on Mister just fine. I'll just need to move the 60-pin connector manually.
A/V: 3x1 Automatic HDMI switcher w/ 3.5mm out

Hey it's not that complex:
Your joysticks and buttons are wired to a 12 pin AMP connector, and so are the Brooks and the Jamma Harness.
Guess you need to do the same with a 60 pin connector.
or YES, get another Vewlix :)

IMG_1445.jpg

Most of the time I recommend people keep the Vewlix wired for JVS, because that allows you to add JAMMA support with the Jammafier device...
I'm honestly surprised no one has made a Vewlix IO switcher similar to those old JAMMA switch boards.
you could mount a JVS, Fast IO, JAMMA, and Brooks IO into such a switch board and then swtich between them with a flick of a switch. the hardest part would be fitting it all in there.

if you were space conscious you could nix the FastIO and integrate the Brooks IO into the switcher, then it would only be 2 boards and some harnesses.

You could use two Brook UFB's and a Darksoft MultiJVS and Undamned USB Encoders

Wire your CP for Brook UFB with Brook 20-Pin and USB into undamned USB Encoder to Darksoft MultiJVS for JVS and Jamma (IrkenLabs Jammaffier). You won't use the standard SEGA 60-Pin on MultiJVS (Can't use that on Vewlix anyways unless you have a converstion cable made). When you want to connect a console or USB based system you simply plug Brook UFB USB cables to your console instead of the MultiJVS +Undamned Encoder combo.

This works since Darksoft MultiJVS can connect to all JVS based arcade systems while allowing USB based controls with Undamned encoder input.

This is a costly setup though...
  • Darksoft MultiJVS
  • 2x Brook Ultimate Fighting Board's (UFB)
  • 2x Brook 20-Pin
  • 2x Undamned USB encoders or similar
If you really wanted to make things easier you may be able to use a USB switcher with toggle instead of unplugging. It's not hands free though...

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised no one has made a Vewlix IO switcher similar to those old JAMMA switch boards.
you could mount a JVS, Fast IO, JAMMA, and Brooks IO into such a switch board and then swtich between them with a flick of a switch. the hardest part would be fitting it all in there.

if you were space conscious you could nix the FastIO and integrate the Brooks IO into the switcher, then it would only be 2 boards and some harnesses.

I think @Arthrimus had a prototype allowing his Vewlix SEGA IO Adaper kit to work simultaneously with his Vewlix Console IO. There was a post on here with a photo?

Back