What's new
Seriously, I don't know how you think you'll make anything even close to that nice for significantly less than that. And that's not even taking into account the opportunity cost of your time invested.

Seriously, I don't know how you think you'll make anything even close to that nice for significantly less than that. And that's not even taking into account the opportunity cost of your time invested.
This, 250€ is a solid price. Especially since its using all new snaplocks, case shells and PCBs. In fact it would be more expensive and time consuming to make one yourself. Not only are you having to deal with 64Mb C roms, but good luck finding a PCM2 sack cart for less than 250€

Its a shame SNK skipped out on making this themselves.

what about a mvs cart. I have a 6 slot i would like to play it on.

what about a mvs cart. I have a 6 slot i would like to play it on.
Atomikwave will release MVS carts but without stickers nor artwork... shell + pcb + eeprom and basta for something like 100€ if i remember correctly...
a guy called Format_c will deal with the artwork for the MVS. He is also on Ngs and he is making a lot of carts for SNES and MD without sacrifice too. He is good with the packaging, booklets, art and so.

this is not the correct place to post pictures, but believe me, what Atomikwave is doing is as good as SNK did...
custom PCB, custom insert, custom book, custom sticker, holographic serial number, lifetime warranty...
I suggest you to look after “NCI Snk game”, pick whatever picture you’ll find and judge by yourself :whistling:

edit : found an interview with some pictures here https://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/entrevistas/ncieng

Is it normal getting story sequence "... His Majesty..." after each match with 8 MB P1 CRC32 : 70DE1BF5 ; MD5 : 9ff420915a1c9b0a4e2cc425e0769c0e or is it due to the emulator loader I use to play ?

I have also noticed attract mode in US region has no second attract mode loop with the portrait of each character, it may due to the emulator loader as well.
I noticed the same thing using FBNeo with second P1 crc 70DE1BF5... And no, i don't think it is normal.
Something has been broken in the second patch code to translate story sequences into English and to make them only available on others regions than Japan.
After playing the game a bit and comparing it to samsh5sp, getting the same story sequence looped after each match is clearly "abnormal".

Is it normal getting story sequence "... His Majesty..." after each match with 8 MB P1 CRC32 : 70DE1BF5 ; MD5 : 9ff420915a1c9b0a4e2cc425e0769c0e or is it due to the emulator loader I use to play ?

I have also noticed attract mode in US region has no second attract mode loop with the portrait of each character, it may due to the emulator loader as well.
I noticed the same thing using FBNeo with second P1 crc 70DE1BF5... And no, i don't think it is normal.
Something has been broken in the second patch code to translate story sequences into English and to make them only available on others regions than Japan.
I will look when I get some free time. Maybe there is another check somewhere that is used to switch strings.

I noticed the same thing using FBNeo with second P1 crc 70DE1BF5... And no, i don't think it is normal.Something has been broken in the second patch code to translate story sequences into English and to make them only available on others regions than Japan.
I will look when I get some free time. Maybe there is another check somewhere that is used to switch strings.
Thanx for your time spent on pbin patch. It's appreciated.

that patch is only beginning - original "Perfect" emulated game have >30 of run-time patches. Ack's patch - only 2.

for those who might be interested - full list of code addresses "intercepted" by original emulator.
Code:
0x10A56
0x10B1C
0x105FE
0x11232
0x3817A
0x3775A
0x3775E
0x1145C
0x112F2
0x10BDE
0x10F2C
0x10F6E
0x1117C
0x11212
0x11390
0x94F0
0x3803C
0x38028
0x10624
0x10938
0x68C8
0x10A80
0x11330
0x17DBE
0x1826E
0x25342
0x9534
0xEB6C
0x8A744
0x5044A
0x926FA
0x54FAC
0x95246

Thanks MettalliC for the info.

Honnestly i'm fully satisfied to have access to "original" 2004 Samurai Showdon V Special location test datas (i don't think original ROM was decrypted. probably made for Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection).

But i want to thanks all people who spent time working on run-time pacthes by SNK to make this Samurai Shodown V Perfect.

I noticed the same thing using FBNeo with second P1 crc 70DE1BF5... And no, i don't think it is normal.Something has been broken in the second patch code to translate story sequences into English and to make them only available on others regions than Japan.
If you do this manual edit on the patched p1 rom it should stop the extra story

at offset 0x10a7a you should see 0E6020011A603066, change it to 714E714E714E714E

However, I'm pretty positive there are going to be other issues further into the story sequence. Its getting beyond my skill set / free time to be able to track them all down. It maybe best to use the original patch and/or have someone else take a look.

Honnestly i'm fully satisfied to have access to "original" 2004 Samurai Showdon V Special location test datas (i don't think original ROM was decrypted. probably made for Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection).
me not, I'd like to know more about physical source/origin of these game data.

But i want to thanks all people who spent time working on run-time pacthes by SNK to make this Samurai Shodown V Perfect.
here is the thing - these patches is not by SNK, it is made by 3rd-party contractor.
you may think of it as of homebrew / fan translation mod, with an "SNK" band name was stamped on it later to gain some cash :D

After playing the game a bit and comparing it to samsh5sp, getting the same story sequence looped after each match is clearly "abnormal".
That's what I have. Im playing on hardware, and the 1st cut scene seems to loop after every battle.

Update:
I played some more. If play on a English bios, but select Japanese text in the options, all text are in Japanese except for the added story text which still displays in English. Selecting Japanese bios does have it in the original Japanese, and it also loops the first cut scene. Also if MVS bios use, you get copyright warning and cannot play the game. Still has some bugs that needs to be iron out before considering placing this in a real Cart.

Last edited:

at offset 0x10a7a you should see 0E6020011A603066, change it to 714E714E714E714E

However, I'm pretty positive there are going to be other issues further into the story sequence. Its getting beyond my skill set / free time to be able to track them all down. It maybe best to use the original patch and/or have someone else take a look.
Ok, gonna try to replace data at 0x10a7a with a No OPeration patch and let you know.

Thanx again for your free time.

Someone wanna give this a try, do the above edit and also this one to the patched p1 rom

at offset 0x1132c you should see 2D4A15604866, change it to 714E714E714E

This should at least fix the missing story bits at the end of the 3rd/6th stage.

Thanx again. As expected, it worked fine, the 1st story sequence is no longer looped after each battle and no more issue with 2nd attract mode loop.

Btw, as expected too, story sequences English translations are disabled when the game is set in jap region and English language.

I've not tested your latest patch fixing the end of the 6th stage yet. Gonna do ips patches for people.

Last edited:

Someone wanna give this a try, do the above edit and also this one to the patched p1 rom
at offset 0x1132c you should see 2D4A15604866, change it to 714E714E714E

This should at least fix the missing story bits at the end of the 3rd/6th stage.
At 0x1132C, I can see 2D4A15602A66 with your preview patched P1 rom CRC32 796DDC04 ; MD5 291181C777FC93FDA84CF6BE1F628E90.

Back