What's new
Well as of today I've got the glass scratches sanded out and polished.
Its not perfect, But the sanding made it quite a bit better than the big "SP" that was scratched in-
xzy1lnZ.jpg

Getting the glass mounted in right was a monumental pain in the ass, I'm never rotating this monitor ever again lol.
I'd rather rotate a blast than deal with the glass again.
But hey, it's on and looks good!
EtSyvxL.jpg

Now all that's left is to get the locks/keys/tangs sorted and the light I ordered 2 months ago from Yaton to show up

Well as of today I've got the glass scratches sanded out and polished.
Its not perfect, But the sanding made it quite a bit better than the big "SP" that was scratched in-
xzy1lnZ.jpg

Getting the glass mounted in right was a monumental pain in the ass, I'm never rotating this monitor ever again lol.
I'd rather rotate a blast than deal with the glass again.
But hey, it's on and looks good!
EtSyvxL.jpg

Now all that's left is to get the locks/keys/tangs sorted and the light I ordered 2 months ago from Yaton to show up
I'm never rotating mine again either. I know your pain.

Been a hot minute since I updated cuz well...
I was stuck waiting on parts

Finally got the light assembly from Yaton yesterday and installed it.
All that's left is locks and tangs!

Attachments

• 20210807_162310_HDR.jpg
    20210807_162310_HDR.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 220
Been a hot minute since I updated cuz well...
I was stuck waiting on parts

Finally got the light assembly from Yaton yesterday and installed it.
All that's left is locks and tangs!
Amazing looking :happy:

And some progress.
I'm waiting on my buddy to test weld to see if I need to hire a shop or not to fix the lock bar holes but while I do ive cleaned all the wiring and polished up the marquees and sanded/cleaned the non painted metals

Then comes the electrical work.
Recapped and redid the thermal paste on all 4 power supplies I was given.
I'm also recapping/rebuilding the monitor chassis, but they ended up having slightly different caps so I'm stuck atm

Last note- the labels on 2 of my PSU assemblies were trashed so I printed up some English ones with my label maker

Attachments

• 20211103_074154~2.jpg
    20211103_074154~2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 20211109_194524_HDR~2.jpg
    20211109_194524_HDR~2.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 114
While I'm waiting on the sandblasting/powdercoat I thought I'd rebuild the spare MS8 I have.

It had vertical foldover, so I recapped it and replaced the missing V size pot
Now... Its folding over at the bottom when I adjust the V size pot any higher than the minimum.
Double checked my work and the proper caps are installed and all is well.

This is the pot I used. Is it the right value?
https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.co...ers-pots/30k-ohm-trimmer-potentiometer-p1089/

Attachments

• IMG_20211211_123030.jpg
    IMG_20211211_123030.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20211211_123104.jpg
    IMG_20211211_123104.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 96
Sadly, no change.
I should clarify that although really stretched out and stupid looking in the 2nd pic, the image is stable.
Adjusting all other knobs works as intended

Great job bud. Although I never owned a Aero, it has to be one of my favorites. Its small and simple design is attractive to me. Similar to the Neo Mvu.

So digging in a bit more and comparing to one of my other chassis, I'm not sure a 30K pot is right.
The V Size pot on my working chassis is labeled "501M", doesn't that mean its a 5K?

I should clarify that although really stretched out and stupid looking in the 2nd pic, the image is stable.

When you overturn V.SYNC you can get that kind of image. You would need to turn it until it rolls and then settles again.

The V Size pot on my working chassis is labeled "501M", doesn't that mean its a 5K?

V-SIZE should be 500 ohm.

Well that answers that question.
I was told it was a 30K ohm pot.

Stealing the pot from a good chassis and popping it in proves the issues was the pot.
Guess I gotta go order one

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_110857.jpg
    IMG_20211212_110857.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 107
Okay, monitor got sorted out after a slight shipping mishap (my order was sent to a very wrong address)

I've got a good chunk of bits back from the coater and things are looking great so far.

My big project at this point is filling the gouges/dents in the metal.
I was told to use a stuff called lab metal.
No way to tell til its done, but it seems like a pretty good body filler so far.

IMG_20220112_183545.jpg

I only had 1 of the little brackets that holds the connector for the jamma harness, so I had to make one using an angle grinder and a vice.
Not perfect, but I'll take it for a first effort and the fit is great.

20220112_182312.jpg

Today I went back in on the casters and De-Yatonized them.
Let them soak in vinegar for a day and brushed the junk off.
Next up is round 2 with a wire wheel for the stubborn bits

Lastly (and no pics) I dropped off the coated CP assemblies with my art guy to have him apply the CPO for the surround. I'm pretty good at that stuff, but that material is viciously adhesive and stiff

Back