What's new

Chihiro

Professional
Reaction score
Not sure if there has been a dedicated JPN Lindy thread before? so for all things JPN spec cabinet lets put them all here, I've also owned the Euro standup version which was built in the UK know as a Cardiff special ;)

Last edited:
It's the little things in life that make you smile the most like getting those 1p & 2p stickers.

Attachments

• DSC_1172.JPG
    DSC_1172.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Pretty sure my upright's screen came from a Japanese sit down one as it has the faint mark from where the 1P sticker was and has the Japanese epilepsy warning sticker which I've never seen on euro ones...

lindberghscreen1.jpg

lindberghscreen2.jpg

UK cabs only came with 2 games VF5 & VT3 from the factory some uses like to apply epilepsy warning labels to make them look more oem personally its not for me.

The UK cabinet is not as study as the JPN more so in the area CP as it lacks the storage area to the rear (L&R) which acts as a bracket so has more bounce with pressure applied.

It also has a few corners cut such as the moves strip being plastic over glass, the art work & for some reason the internal power switch just behind the main door was removed or at least on the one I had, cable routing inside the cab is also different.

You can sort of make the UK cab into JPN but removing the middle section but its still not quite "sitdown" I'm guessing that Sega of Japan sent over a cab to the UK & they had someone in Cardiff replicate it, similar thing with the driving cabs were done having owned JPN & UK specs of those.

I've also owned the Lindy 2 Spicy cab which I converted into HOTD4.

@N10248 does your moves strip have the light?

Last edited:
UK cabs only came with 2 games VF5 & VT3 from the factory some uses like to apply epilepsy warning labels to make them look more oem personally its not for me.

The UK cabinet is not as study as the JPN more so in the area CP as it lacks the storage area to the rear (L&R) which acts as a bracket so has more bounce with pressure applied.

It also has a few corners cut such as the moves strip being plastic over glass, the art work & for some reason the internal power switch just behind the main door was removed or at least on the one I had, cable routing inside the cab is also different.

You can sort of make the UK cab into JPN but removing the middle section but its still not quite "sitdown" I'm guessing that Sega of Japan sent over a cab to the UK & they had someone in Cardiff replicate it, similar thing with the driving cabs were done having owned JPN & UK specs of those.

I've also owned the Lindy 2 Spicy cab which I converted into HOTD4.

@N10248 does your moves strip have the light?

Mine was made from a couple of other cabs before I got it I think, possibly the screen casing sourced seperately as the screen was replaced by someone and some of the steel mounting plate in the back has been cut to fit it, even the rear wheels are not the original ones. Plus when I got mine it came with another empty chassis which had a Virtua Tennis label on the back, I swapped one of the mid sections and control panel box from this as they were in better condition.

The good thing about the sit down is that its got 4 leg adjusters, the upright always feels like it would fall backwards if pushed.

No light in the CP but its got the metal mounting gutter for one which I'll probably put a 60-70cm LED in if it can find something suitable, they definately cheaped out on these compared to the JP one.

Sega did make an upright-height neck for the Japanese ones though for the VF.TV screen. but this can't have a control panel mounted... http://sega-lindbergh.blogspot.com/2015/05/virtua-fighter-5.html

I've seen pictures of these euro ones converted to sit down but the rear metal spine section has to be cut and drilled to make it all fit (similar to a Naomi chop) but end result looks odd and I think the height is wrong too.

well crap:

IMG_6929.jpg

I would have never known if you hadn't showed us ! so where do we get these stickers please ?!

I recently got this set for £20 inc from someone over at AO but I don't think they are easy to find.

They were in VF5 kits.

Attachments

• DSC_1170(1).JPG
    DSC_1170(1).JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I added a moves light unit to mine all those years ago, my cab was a half finished el cheapo jobbie from the UK factory so din't even have a proper screen so I just put lcd monitor on it.

I've attached some old pics of my UK/Euro & some shot of my JPN side & back for comparison

"Sega did make an upright-height neck for the Japanese ones though for the VF.TV screen. but this can't have a control panel mounted"

I've seen those in Japan its like a end of bank unit to show the high scores of players, the Naomi Net city cabs had them too.

Attachments

• ten.JPG
    ten.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 100
  • darks.jpg
    darks.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 90
  • lit.jpg
    lit.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_1179(1).JPG
    DSC_1179(1).JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_1178(1).JPG
    DSC_1178(1).JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 101
I added a moves light unit to mine all those years ago, my cab was a half finished el cheapo jobbie from the UK factory so din't even have a proper screen so I just put lcd monitor on it.

I've attached some old pics of my UK/Euro & some shot of my JPN side & back for comparison

"Sega did make an upright-height neck for the Japanese ones though for the VF.TV screen. but this can't have a control panel mounted"

I've seen those in Japan its like a end of bank unit to show the high scores of players, the Naomi Net city cabs had them too.

Ooo, mine has them rear japanese warning labels too. definately made from two different cabs...

IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1183.JPG

VF5 cabs & end of bank units.

Attachments

• virtua-fighter-21499-9149.jpg
    virtua-fighter-21499-9149.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 52
  • virtua-fighter-21501-9149.jpg
    virtua-fighter-21501-9149.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 59
  • virtua-fighter-21502-9149.jpg
    virtua-fighter-21502-9149.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 51
I think when most people think of a modern cab they just go with Vewlix maybe in the future "a Vewlix style cab" could be a generic term.

Noir sometimes gets look in but is very similar to the Lindy.

I used the CP bar from a UK cab that is painted silver similar to the leg covers on Naomi Uni as mine was also quite watch damaged.

I think Andygeezer still has load of new ones down his shed.

I used the CP bar from a UK cab that is painted silver similar to the leg covers on Naomi Uni as mine was also quite watch damaged.

I think Andygeezer still has load of new ones down his shed.

Just tried to email him about getting one but it bounced back, as mines a bit rough.

Here are two pics of my Lindbergh.🥹

Attachments

• IMG_5094.jpeg
    IMG_5094.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5095.jpeg
    IMG_5095.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 60
Here is a sticker I added that I got from Akihabara. It says that you will get kicked out if you bang the cabinet. 😂 There are other versions too. If you want one I can help you get one. 🥹

Attachments

• IMG_5210.jpeg
    IMG_5210.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 68
Back