What's new
So you have two plugs to the wall? one for the 4 way extension and one from the cab for lights etc?

or did you wire that into the line filter, either way it looks pretty tidy inside.

I really want to find someone of those 1P 2P stickers :D
To make it easier for you I've taken a few pictures tonight the cab was chassis mount stepdown converted by the previous owner, the line filter had screw terminals so no wiring was cut.

Also as I don't like marquee holders I've added a cover made from a sheet of magnetic plastic to cover the hole at the back & keep out dirt ect I'm also missing a monitor cover cap.

Attachments

• DSC_1304.JPG
    DSC_1304.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_1395.JPG
    DSC_1395.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_1394.JPG
    DSC_1394.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_1397.JPG
    DSC_1397.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 44
After the full strip down & clean I made some more progress tonight by reassembling the CP area as I took it to work & gave it the rattle can which worked out ok.

I also had my first power on, that 100v fan at the back was disconnected straight away :D I think the fans on the lcd are good enough for home use

1L6B CP may be temporary thing, I have a Lindy 2L 12B OEM UK one but need to remove something on the cp surround first.

Attachments

• DSC_1438(1).JPG
    DSC_1438(1).JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_1444.JPG
    DSC_1444.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
This might be a stupid question..

I wasn't quite sure what to do with my Lindbergh universal, but i'm liking the idea of putting a lindbergh multi in there mainly for VF5 FS and Virtual Tennis 3.

My Lindy has a 1080p monitor swap already done, lindbergh hardware is 720p only I think, so i'm assuming it would work fine if the monitor supports 720p?

Hmm, so i'd need to check whatever LG monitor i'm rocking in the cab can support 1280 x 768 and ideally 1360 x 768. I'm guessing it can becuase it supports 1080p :D

Hmm, so i'd need to check whatever LG monitor i'm rocking in the cab can support 1280 x 768 and ideally 1360 x 768. I'm guessing it can becuase it supports 1080p :D
Have you considered a TTX3 Artax setup? Might be better bang for buck.

I have VT3 on a Ringedge, that plays up to 1080 and looks great on my Noir.

Have you considered a TTX3 Artax setup? Might be better bang for buck.
Or just use any pc with that image & a JVS-PAC 2 I put some code in the pac thread so you can just put that on a sd card & have the image default controls in a instant just like how it on JVS or Fast I/O.

I have the community image 1.3 which has some newer arcade titles such as VF5, DOA6 & Rolling Gunner.

I'm keeping my Noir as a dedicated 1p Pi set-up as there are some fantastic images around these days using a JVS-PAC 2 again for controls.
Arcade Punks has a great selection of Pi images that still work great on the Pi 3B+ which should be cheap now.

Regarding cleaning: Brasso works wonders on scratched/marked plastic too I used a little last night on the bezel & was pleasantly surprised makes a cheaper alternative to using Novus & handy as most will have it at home.

Here is my Pi set-up I've put it side ways so I can easily access the sd card slot through the pcb tray handle slot & swap out images.

Attachments

• DSC_1450.JPG
    DSC_1450.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 39
It is I have a little heater (450watt) now too, I took the mini Astro to work as I thought it would look better on my desk.

I thought about going all foil top to toe but thought it might look like a "grow" tent :S

35-40 Fahrenheit here in the evenings during winter, so we don't know what cold actually is. We might see snow once every 30 years for 5 mins. I hate warm climates but this is about as cold as I want to be. Not tough enough for real winter States.

Colder than I thought prob quite dry though because I live on a Island the air is always quite damp in the winter.

Along with my foil order I grabbed another Lindy instruction space insert which is better than looking though clear glass.

I also found lock space filler thingys from work from a scrap ipub fruit's as I don't need a lock on the middle door for home use, grabbed a few spare too.

Attachments

• DSC_1464.JPG
    DSC_1464.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1466.JPG
    DSC_1466.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 31
Back