What's new
I can't wait for them to arrive! Hopefully it all works well, I spent heaps of time on it.

It's quite a nice clean design I think, easy access to connections. Being 4 layer means all power, audio, video and controls have their own layer which eliminates interference between signals.

I'll probably still produce the previous design as testing has gone extremely well and it's a lot cheaper to produce.

if this supports neogeo and saturn controllers how much input lag would they introduce to the system as a whole?

if this supports neogeo and saturn controllers how much input lag would they introduce to the system as a whole?
Neo Geo sticks & pads have zero lag, same with SNES and Mega Drive controllers.

Still awaiting a Saturn controller adapter and @undamned adapters, but I assume there won't be any lag with those either.

I'm using a UD-USB and can confirm there's no lag. Using a Qanba Q4RAF with a Brook Universal Fighting Board

It sounds like the new design isn't quite available yet. Any ETA on those?

I'd love to get ahold of something in the meantime. Anything available now? Old design, b-stock, etc.

It sounds like the new design isn't quite available yet. Any ETA on those?

I'd love to get ahold of something in the meantime. Anything available now? Old design, b-stock, etc.
Might be able to sort something out for you, give me a few days.

I'm not sure a 24 pin will fit on the newer design though due to relocation of connectors. The ATX connector is on the left hand side now, with 2 x controller ports on the front edge and kick harness, video/audio, RGB trimmers on the right. Composite video is available from the main supergun pcb with the options of a 3/4 player controller hat and s-video/3.5mm audio jack hats.
Given the direction the PC power supply world is going, I'd seriously think about tweaking the design to use a 24-pin ATX connector on the board. I've already run across a number of newer PSUs that are fixed 24-pin without the 20+4 split connector.

Definitely want to support the 24 pin connectors. Still waiting for the new layout PCBs to arrive then I'll see where we are at.

Not much I can really do if a 24 pin doesn't fit but I'll try and work something out. There are still plenty of split pin ATX supplies available as well as 24 to 20 pin adapter cables, in a worst case scenario.

So the prototypes are in transit and should reach me this week. Will test, sort out any issues if need be and make sure everything is running as expected. Next step will be ordering the finalised pcb design, waiting for them to arrive, assembly, then shipping!

I'd suggest a timeline of 6 weeks from today all going well. I know it's been a long wait but I need to get everything perfect before I'm willing to release. Of course this is assuming there aren't any major issues with the new design, which is drastically different to the previous version.

Last edited:
So the prototypes are in transit and should reach me this week. Will test, sort out any issues if need be and make sure everything is running as expected. Next step will be ordering the finalised pcb design, waiting for them to arrive, assembly, then shipping!

I'd suggest a timeline of 6 weeks from today all going well. I know it's been a long wait but I need to get everything perfect before I'm willing to release. Of course this is assuming there aren't any major issues with the new design, which is drastically different to the previous version.
EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!

I'm just waiting patiently for the final design to be released lol

Back