What's new

ShllShockArcade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I just picked up a Konami Aliens. I’m noticing a slight bit of static at the top of the screen on into and transitioning between levels but is not there any other time of game play. I have been searching YouTube videos and it looks as if this is a standard issue for this title. Can this be confirmed by the community before I start digging in to try and fix it.

Thanks guys 🙏🏼

**SOLVED**

Seems to be an issue plaguing the actual build. No solution - just a part of the game 👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_3165.png
    IMG_3165.png
    437 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3166.png
    IMG_3166.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I remember seeing this too back when I had this game. Replacing the electrolytic capacitors didn’t solve it. Interested to see what others have to say.

I feel like this kind of things happens when there's noise or weak components around the graphics roms or graphics ram.

do you have the 2-board version or the single board version?
I have the single board version … I’m getting mixed information across the board. Some people are telling me this is common throughout all of the board sets and there is no fixing this - also every video on YouTube I’ve seen so far shows the same static at the intro screen and when changing cut scenes … then I have some people saying they don’t have this issue 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s not a game breaker, especially since it occurs so rarely throughout the game. I will be changing the electrolytic out soon (always do this anyways) but like Kikaso mentioned I’m guessing this won’t fix the issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have the single board version … I’m getting mixed information across the board. Some people are telling me this is common throughout all of the board sets and there is no fixing this - also every video on YouTube I’ve seen so far shows the same static at the intro screen and when changing cut scenes … then I have some people saying they don’t have this issue 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s not a game breaker, especially since it occurs so rarely throughout the game. I will be changing the electrolytic out soon (always do this anyways) but like Kikaso mentioned I’m guessing this won’t fix the issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
Also, only reason I don’t think it’s weak components is because it is only occurring at the exact same time during the exact same cutscenes and no other time but who knows … could be that one particular mask ROM or something that’s being affected 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mine does not do this. I have the single PCB version.
Hey Pastblaster, would you be willing to confirm this some time if you have free time? 🙏🏼 I also have the single board. I’d like to lay this to rest or confirm that there is work that needs digging into 🤙🏼

I've noticed this on these boards too, and like you went looking for videos and saw the same there.
So I left it at that. Its an odd one.
Excellent game, top 5 easily for me. Playing it in the dark of a dingy arcade, the elevator level and its music, super :)

I've noticed this on these boards too, and like you went looking for videos and saw the same there.
So I left it at that. Its an odd one.
Excellent game, top 5 easily for me. Playing it in the dark of a dingy arcade, the elevator level and its music, super :)
Thanks for confirming Monkeymist. Totally agree, this game is great! Man that elevator level though - Holy Frustrating Hell! Had one damn floor left and the turd xenomorph drops me to my death every damn time 🤣

Ok cool, enough confirmations at this point - I’m going to let this sleeping dog lay where it’s at and just enjoy the hell out of the game.

Thanks guys 🤙🏼

That graphical glitch on screen transition is not a fault of the board but a common behaviour.Technically it's a timing issue due to the earlier revision (manufactured in 1989) of the custom ICs tilemap generators (052109 and 051962), the ones manufactured in 1990 do not cause this issue,

Last edited:
I can fire
Hey Pastblaster, would you be willing to confirm this some time if you have free time? 🙏🏼 I also have the single board. I’d like to lay this to rest or confirm that there is work that needs digging into 🤙🏼

I can plug mine in and re-confirm for you this week.

That graphical glitch on screen transition is not a fault of the board but a common behaviour.Technically it's a timing issue due to the earlier revision (manufactured in 1989) of the custom ICs tilemap generators (052109 and 051962), the ones manufactured in 1990 do not cause this issue,
Oh interesting 😳👍🏼

Back