What's new
Sorry, what with work & Christmas been a little busy. I will get the machine fully back together, at the moment I'm back to working on the original PCB to see if that can be fixed too.....

Are you going to give it a shot on your board? Bryan reckons it may help more than the other program....

Hmm, I've got a copy on my PC. I'll message it you tomorrow (on phone at moment) ;)

Here is quick update on my ThunderBlade PCB, after removing all the EPROMS and sockets I am now starting replace them...

20230114_114351.jpg

20230115_154857.jpg

20230114_114333.jpg

20230115_154901.jpg

Looking good ;) I've got my original board in front of me now! If I had a decent schematic or list of pint outs I think I could do it. I'm really struggling to work out which pin on the RAM's should go where & also which pin on the customs should go where! Even checking against the working board isn't really helping. These boards are a aright *****!!!

Excellent work! I haven't had chance to touch mine since Christmas 😕 I will find the time to finish it!! And try and fix the original board....

Thanks, I hope you can get the board working again. Wish you much success!

Love your commitment! Do you want to take on some of my outstanding projects? :D

Thank you,
The little word time is the key point, you would never have enough of it. :D
What projects do you have in mind?

I still need to get the heart shaped wheel off for you too. What compressor are you using out of interest? I need to change the tyre on mine, it holds air but has a bulge in it!!

I'm currently using my big air compressor in the garage for the tests. When everything is finally set up, I'll see how much air is needed during the game.
Then I'll probably use a Silent Air Compressor and an appropriately sized air tank to go with it.

As a next step, I would like to continue with the steering panel and I would be very grateful for the dimensions and a scan of the heart shaped wheel. :)

Hi sega_man,
can I ask you to take some measurements on your Airdrive Cabinet?
I would like to try to recreate the seat mechanism and i would need a few measurements so that i can measure the parts in CAD according to the templates from SEGA.
Maybe you can also measure the 2 large parts of the cabinet for me?
I would be grateful to you for that! :)
Here are 2 drawings, maybe you can enter a few measurements there..

Attachments

• Seat Mech. 1.JPG
    Seat Mech. 1.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Cabinet.JPG
    Cabinet.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 55
Well I took a look at my newly acquired super monaco GP board.

and found a bug

IMG_5586.jpg

and then more "issues"

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

so that C24 cap pooped all around, cutting one of its own leg in the process.

amazingly, I don't think the green made its way across the socket:
IMG_5591.jpg

anyway, need to remove and clean everything that was touched and replace that C24 cap (is it a cap?) and C60 resistor. Anyone know what they are by any chance? edit: they of course are NOT in here thanks to this thread

IMG_5592.jpg

from another location:
IMG_5594.jpg

Last edited:
Back