What's new

SBZack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been working on this fisher man's bait 2 for a bit now. It started with a CD rom error so I bought a CD/DVD-ROM Simulator for Konami 573. I got it to boot using this but now all it says is hardware error. I checked the voltages and they are pretty much where they should be. I was trying to google some stuff and I couldn't find much of anything.

If anyone has ever seen this and has anything I could try I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Zack

What do all the other self test results say? in my experience the 'hardware error' comes up once one of the other self checks has failed. See here for example when I had a bad ram.

DSC_2156-3000.jpg

I would also get the same when the disc drive/cdr was bad, it would fail to read the disc and again indicate 'bad' and then hardware error.

Like here (not my image)
https://imgur.com/Npuif5n

Last edited:
hmm yeah ok. Well at least it looks like a game error and not 573 hardware error itself. Can you get into the test menu once it comes up with that error?
My punchmania is similar, once it passes the 573 hardware self test the game will load and carry out a game specific test for pad feedback, if that fails it comes up with something similar and halts but you can still get into the test menu from there and diagnose faults.

Negative. Its totally locked up. I tried the board test button and the test button from the jamma harness

feck, hhmm yeah sorry mate I got nothing else. I guess the obvious (not teaching you to suck egg) suggestions would be reinstall the game, unplug/replug all connectors, same with the daughter/addon boards on the 573 mainboard. Otherwise we're in the realm of having a second setup to swap parts.

It uses some analog controls, doesn't it? Are you testing this on a bench with nothing connected to it apart from video and power?

It is on the bench but I have the reel connected to it. The reel is from ebay though so I'm not 100% sure if it's working or not

Well ive made some kind of progress on this thing.. I found a CD drive that works and now its coming up with a Disk and security dongle mismatch.

Does anyone know if you can test your security cassette?

I have 2 system 573 and both are giving the same error

Obvious question but does the disc region match that of the cart

Edit: Actually it looks like there is only 2 versions anyway Ver UAB Fishermans Bait 2 and Ver JAA Bass Angler 2

Last edited:
The cart is UAB according to the video.
haha fair one should of paid more attention to the video.

Well ive made some kind of progress on this thing.. I found a CD drive that works and now its coming up with a Disk and security dongle mismatch.

Does anyone know if you can test your security cassette?

I have 2 system 573 and both are giving the same error
Just to clarify how was this booting back in June last year as per that video? are you clearing that hardware error screen, is it even getting that far?

Edit: Sorry New saw your reply, I am sleep walking through this thread I feel like I bumped my head, post #1 states using the IDE simulator doh.

@SBZack did you ever get past the hardware error fault using the IDE simulator? I feel you've introduced a new element error without resolving the previous issue. Anyway if it booted with the IDE sim and doesn't with the disc it stands to reason the disc isn't either burned correctly or being read (recognised) correctly.

Last edited:
Okay so I ended up finding a original disk and cart on ebay for $30. They worked... so I must have been burning the disk incorrectly. (or my cart was broken I havent put the old one in with the new disk to check. I will do that and update this post

I was using IMG burn as a program and used a CHDman guide I found somewhere to try to make an ISO from the CHD file

Going by that, I think it was copying the file wrong from the cdr, so that would explain it.

Back