What's new
It’s labeled as G connector in the manual. That will plug into the fastIO board. Then you need an ethernet cable to go from the IO board to the ttx3.

Any reason you are switching?
Thanks.
I basically wanted to have one JVS System with the TX2 and one Fast i/O with TX3.
It's said the Nesica Games and all originally designed for Fast i/O should have significantly less Input Lag 2ms to 16ms if I remember correctly.

Sure, personal preference is whatever makes you happy. But if you play it and can’t tell the difference you can save some money.

Sure, personal preference is whatever makes you happy. But if you play it and can’t tell the difference you can save some money.
Saving money has never been my strongest ability 😁

So you’re saying there is no difference?

I haven’t played either config in detail to know the difference, only what I have read as well. I was just suggesting if you have the jvs setup already and it works fine then great.

If you play SHMUPs, you’ll see the difference between the fastIO and JVS io

As I now understood none of the iO Inputs in the Multi is native since they are all interpreted to keystrokes.
What would that mean in terms of adding latency? Just out of intesest…
Let‘s say how would native Arcade game with Fast iO compare to one in the Multi?

Yah that sounds fun. LOL. I'm $2200 invested into a game that has worked for about 2 hours so as you can imagine im getting a little frustrated as is my son. I would like to make a backup of the HDD and put it on a SSD before messing around too much but of course this also seems like a huge pain. Next up might be sourcing a spare MOBO.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/ttx3-motherboard-drop-in-replacement.19978/#post-312528

There's one on ebay now. Sourcing an original mobo is not feasible IMHO.

I’m having trouble accessing the BIOS. As I understand it, it’s ALR, CTRL, F9 after the beep. Doesn’t seem to be working for me. Is this accurate?

Just hold down CTRL+ALT and mash the F9 key over and over again from the second you power it on. You don't need to mash f9 super fast, just few times a second. It'll get you in. Make sure the keyboard is connected to the usb ports on the RIGHT side of the machine, not the left. It doesn't really matter, but i've seen a fair share of those left side ports burnt out for some reason.

Del won't get you in on these.
Man these boards are funny. So I swapped to the most basic of USB keyboards I had and that worked. Apparently it didn't like my backlit keyboard. Got into the bios, didn't really see anything out of sorts except the date/time was off.

I took my Original 640 card and the one that @300wins gave me and put them in my gaming desktop. Both are recognized and the bios is identical. Neither will work on the TX3 Board. I even reflashed the bios on the card with a bad fan to see if i would get lucky. I did not. I am starting to think the board or the PCIe slot is messed up. The cards get power just fine as the fan moves but will not output video.

@Murray do you know if the ASUS drop in replacement board will work to run the factory Theatrhythm game off the OG hard drive? If not should I just source another TX3 board from Japan?

Really Appreciate everyones help on this. I feel like such a noob.

The hard drive is ATA locked, so you can't boot it on anything except the original motherboard.

Man these boards are funny. So I swapped to the most basic of USB keyboards I had and that worked. Apparently it didn't like my backlit keyboard. Got into the bios, didn't really see anything out of sorts except the date/time was off.

I took my Original 640 card and the one that @300wins gave me and put them in my gaming desktop. Both are recognized and the bios is identical. Neither will work on the TX3 Board. I even reflashed the bios on the card with a bad fan to see if i would get lucky. I did not. I am starting to think the board or the PCIe slot is messed up. The cards get power just fine as the fan moves but will not output video.

@Murray do you know if the ASUS drop in replacement board will work to run the factory Theatrhythm game off the OG hard drive? If not should I just source another TX3 board from Japan?

Really Appreciate everyones help on this. I feel like such a noob.
Do you have pics of the motherboard? Any swollen capacitors?

I've seen that issue with the keyboard before, i have 1 or 2 keyboards that will not work with these units, sometimes more exotic keyboards don't work, with lots of multimedia functions.

There is no "drop in replacement motherboard". You buy another original theatrythm TTX3 unit that works and that's about it. Try a wanted ad on here? But you'll need to specify that it has to be an original FF game and it has to be working with original HDD, not converted to multi. Unfortuantely due to multi availability, the price might be higher... Or wait for one from Japan to pop up. I don't see FF theatrythm units that often lately, but they are generally cheaper because the lower specs just make it more expensive to multi.

Don't feel too noob, it sounds like the board is defintely not working in some way and you've troubleshot to the point where you can't do much more. They aren't that special in that it's super hard to get them to boot, they should just boot fine easily with the original hardware, at least to the splash screen. Given that it was starting to fail on boot ups before, it's a good sign something was going bad. You can boot and run the unit on the onboard video so you know it's working at least, this kind of rules out all the other troubleshooting stuff that you would normally try because the board boots with onboard.....and runs fine.

I think you are right about the pcie slot having something wrong with it, or someting on the MB around that. Not really much you can do there, it happens... they do go bad unforutnately. So you're at the point now where you just call it a dead board in some way. You could start trying other video cards, just for the hell of it but that'll just cost you $$ and you need non UEFI cards.

So your options as i see it.

1. Buy a new TTX3 FFT board and plug it in and away you go. (You could send @Cereth a message on here, he is US based and he might have a spare, but he is really busy and i'm not sure if he would have a spare unit laying around for this game). There's some value in your current (partially working) ttx3 unit. Not as much as a fully working one, but still some value in the whole unit. If you buy a replacement TTX3, you can just sell the old one to make up some of the $$.

2. You could try and update the bios on the motherboard to b23 to see if that helps in any way, be warned this is really a 1 way bios flash and if it does make the unit work again, your original game may no longer boot anymore, so you are back to option 1, and you will need to install windows on a HDD to get the unit to boot Windows instead of the original hdd (more tedious work for you). I don't see why it won't make the original game boot, but i just can't say it won't as it's uncharted territory and i'm not sure how fussy the original is. I don't think this will fix it, it's just something you can try, given that the unit is basically sort of dead anyways.

3. You could try to make the game dump run on another machine, but this is the long drawn out option... and again, you're in uncharted territory for me. The game will boot fine on other pc's, i just tried it, but will it talk to your original IO board and hardware? who knows, you'll also need to swap the dMAC out of the original unit to do this... I'd say skip this option.

Option 1 is the easiest and i recommend you just do that. Try Cereth, but don't hassle him with troubleshooting requests, he's a good guy, just super super busy, but ask him if he has a working TTX3 FFT unit spare and you might be in luck. Or just request on here, and keep an eye on YHJ.
Thanks for the novel of a reply! My game actually came from Careth. I can’t blame him for it dying after a few hours of play. This is just what happens sometimes. Maybe he can help if he has a stash of x3 boards for sale.

So does this mean a replacement board must be at a bios level for this specific game? If I bought one from Japan and it’s on b23 I may be screwed?

The hard drive is ATA locked, so you can't boot it on anything except the original motherboard.
Since I was tagged, worth mentioning that I always use my SATA analyzer to get the ATA key for a HDD and disable ATA lock on it before sending anything out. I hate seeing 320GB HDDs rendered useless for no reason. Key can be provided when I prep a board for someone, though it's kind of useless since there's almost no reason why anyone would want to re-lock a drive.
Option 1 is the easiest and i recommend you just do that. Try Cereth, but don't hassle him with troubleshooting requests, he's a good guy, just super super busy, but ask him if he has a working TTX3 FFT unit spare and you might be in luck. Or just request on here, and keep an eye on YHJ.
Didn't read much into the problem, but I'm pretty sure I do have one or two spares, just normally save them in case a Theatrhythm comes in and is actually dead. The people who run the private network for Theatrhythm can help with changing HDDs at least, I think there's few things that can't be solved with some tools and ingenuity

This. The PCIE slot is basically dead on the motherboard, the unit runs fine on the onboard video, but any video card connected and no video. Original video card works fine in another PC, and a replacement identical card has been tried. Same issue.

SO

System works, no video output when using pcie slot on motherboard, but works fine from onboard video. (condensed version of problem).
Thanks for catching me up! Yeah, I’ll see what I can do then

Just to double-check, he ONLY needs the motherboard, nothing else? Packing a replacement for him. This was from a cab he bought from me, so there's no way I'd charge him for it, I just want to make sure he gets everything he needs.

Just to double-check, he ONLY needs the motherboard, nothing else? Packing a replacement for him. This was from a cab he bought from me, so there's no way I'd charge him for it, I just want to make sure he gets everything he needs.
Correct. Looks to be just the Mobo.

For anyone that is curious, It was indeed a bad PCIE port on the mobo. @Cereth sent out a new one and we are rollin again!

Attachments

• CBC98400-87DF-4B5A-9215-B1848CDB6B26.jpeg
    CBC98400-87DF-4B5A-9215-B1848CDB6B26.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 118
Back