What's new

Gagapa

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2 Vewlix C with 2 Taito Type X2 with Niko's Multi (Thanks so much dude ! ) and with 2 Type X3 also with Multi.

I have this Taito type X2 Versus Kit but i never use it:

1618414865434.png

I have 2 Fast I/O board and 2 original JVS Board.

So my questions are :
- Is JVS or FAST game work with it?
- How connect to the RFID reader?
- Have i to connecte both FAST i/O with a RJ45 directly on the TYPE X2 / Type X3?
- Is it work for a NAOMI system?

I'm sorry, i'm reading lot of topics but not sure to understand lol Sometimes they said its for FAST only, sometimes its for JVS. I'm so lost !

Best regards

1) That version above only works with JVS (I understand they do have a way to link FastIO as well, but that is not the device for it).
2) You do not connect the RFID reader to the VS board, each is handled by its own X system.
3) I do not use FastIO systems, but as I understand it the FastIO is a PCI card inside the X system you connect.
4) It SHOULD work with Naomi, however as I discovered many Naomi games do NOT like the Taito JVS IO

Last edited by a moderator:
1) That version above only works with JVS (I understand they do have a way to link FastIO as well, but that is not the device for it).
2) You do not connect the RFID reader to the VS board, each is handled by its own X system.
3) I do not use FastIO systems, but as I understand it the FastIO is a PCI card inside the X system you connect.
4) I SHOULD work with Naomi, however as I discovered many Naomi games do NOT like the Taito JVS IO
Thank you for the reply jassin :) . Always a pleasure to have your expert eye.

So, im very confused because i try do understand this topic :
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/taito-type-x-family-discussion-information-thread.1614/

Is my PCB different from the PCB in this topic?
I have the A version and they talked about the B version and they talk about connect RFID to the board.

im so lost lol

I have the A version and they talked about the B version and they talk about connect RFID to the board.
I should make you aware that I do NOT use X systems, so my understanding of RFID readers only comes from the things I've read.
It could very well be flawed.

So, im very confused because i try do understand this topic :
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/taito-type-x-family-discussion-information-thread.1614/

Is my PCB different from the PCB in this topic?

There's wrong info in that thread. It's an old thread.

The whole idea of the VS Kit is that you only have one motherboard that you share between two cabs. You split video and audio from the motherboard and then chain the IOs. The USB ports on the VS Kit are a passthrough for the JVS cable, nothing else. Goes in from one side, goes out the other. If you had a long enough cable, you could just go from IO #1 to IO #2. The USB ports are there just for ease of use.

As for the RFID readers, I don't know how they work. But they do not connect to the VS Kit.

Ho, okay.

So if i understand, for JVS, i have to connect the J1 from the I/O board A to the TTX2, the J2 from the IO Board A to the J1 from the VS PCB and the J2 from the VS PCB to the J1 of the I/O Board B.

And, if i want, i can directly connect the J2 JVS board from I/O board A to the J1 port of the I/O board B.

All is correct?

Thanks you a lot, its more clear for me ^^

So, a friend send me the scheme for Fast i/o.

It works well with the Niko multi on TTx2.

Doesnt work on the TTx3 multi

Attachments

• IMG-20210416-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20210416-WA0017.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 207
No i havn't sorry.

But i can describe how to :
- Vga : TTX2 -> V, V1 -> Vewlix 1, V2 -> Vewlix 2
- Audio : TTX2 -> L, L1 -> Vewlix 1, L2 Vewlix 2
- Fast : TTX2 -> IO Board 1, TTX2 -> IO Board 2
- Jamma : TTX2 -> J1 RFiD Vewlix 1, J2 RFiD Vewlix 1 -> J2 Kit VS, J1 Kit VS -> J1 RFiD 2

Reactions: rtw
Back