What's new

SCUBA King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering if I am the only one who has extra loose boards for the DECO Cassette Slim stack ( -8 ) and could use an extra interconnect base?

The design is mostly complete. I have tested in both my originals, that even though it is 4 slots, you only need 3 and you can move the boards up to the front or back as you please. I run mine in back slots so the front is open to hold my custom printed multi holder.

I have sourced the correct headers, but they were not cheap, so due to this, the repro will have 4 slots, like original, but only 3 will be populated to save one header.

If you would be interested, please drop a note here and I will let you know once available.

I have enough parts to make around 10 once design is finalized, printed and tested.

** It will also have a second power header placed vertically inside the cage to accommodate cleaner wire routing for the DECO Cassette Jamma adapter that is also soon to be released but still include the original header facing out from bottom edge of base for those using original wiring.

I built the first one tonight and tested it, everything is perfect, I also tested the new JAMMA adapter from PCBjunkie for DECO Cassette.
Both worked perfectly.

Let me know if you are interested in a BackPlate, I will have 7-8 built and ready to sell shortly.
I still have a couple DECO Multi 3D printed cases available also.

Jamma adapter should be available from PCBjunkie shortly if not already, check his website / store.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/th...-repro-base-test-complete.530749/post-4762520

1705661373568.png

I built the first one tonight and tested it, everything is perfect, I also tested the new JAMMA adapter from PCBjunkie for DECO Cassette.
Both worked perfectly.

Let me know if you are interested in a BackPlate, I will have 7-8 built and ready to sell shortly.
I still have a couple DECO Multi 3D printed cases available also.

Jamma adapter should be available from PCBjunkie shortly if not already, check his website / store.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/th...-repro-base-test-complete.530749/post-4762520

1705661373568.png
@Mitsurugi-w Bump for you to see in your thread.

Ohhh nice! I need 2 adapters to Jamma and for sure a backplane. How much do these cost and where can I get them from?

Damn! Sold out!

We were thinking with @Mitsurugi-w to repro the DECO system, but too many things on our plates. Why did you decide to rerpro the backplate, if I may ask? Does it tend to fail often?
Main reason, at least for me was, I can find all three boards, sometimes one at a time, but never a base, so I had extra board "sets" that would never be usable as a set without the base plate. I am hoping to get more extra loose boards put to use in sets so people can get the multi from you and Mitsu, it really is a great library on that system IMO and a lot of people dont know about it.

I think the failure rate is pretty low, very few components that could die, its well protected in steel base, its just mostly for power and to tie the boards together pin for pin.

I do need to measure and print up PCB side guides to keep 3 boards separate and possibly make a plastic base holder also. I think this base plastic may end up being a better project for someone with a laser to burn them in acrylic or similar (Like the sweet case I have for my F3 Taito multi) , would be stronger, look cool AF and would keep the base protected.

IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0543.jpeg
So if, hypothetically, i had this base and that frame and these 4 boards for Mad alien, what else would be required to make this thing run? And did you say Multi? 🤓

IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0543.jpeg
So if, hypothetically, i had this base and that frame and these 4 boards for Mad alien, what else would be required to make this thing run? And did you say Multi? 🤓
that is a different board stack. The deco cassette system needed a cassette player and security dongle for each game, the multi replaced that and added entire library.

This is all so cool. I really need to get into the DECO system.
Honestly, yes you do. With the multi from @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w it is an awesome platform. I was lucky enough to get an original DE Deco cab also, I am restoring now, got all the correct buttons, CP brought back from the dead of black paint vandals, and the correct joystick. Will be a great system for my home arcade, I like multis so guests get more games, and I dont need to have 20 extras cabs in my basement.

Top 3 multis for me CPS 1/1.5, Taito F3 and this one for sure.

Back