What's new
Replace the F PAL with a G PAL, rev 6 like rev 7 doesn't need the jumper.

Replace the F PAL with a G PAL, rev 6 like rev 7 doesn't need the jumper.
I have two Boards. One a dead COTA and one a Phoenixed MvC. CoTA has F pal plus wire, MvC has G Pal.

MVC roms work on both boards, SSF2X roms have same sound issues on both boards. :(

Last edited:
I had a similar problem with a alpha 3 board. I moved all the roms to another board and worked perfect.
I changed the jumpers to nonjedec and the intro worked fine but the audio will go away when you start a fight, one of the jumpers was not cut completely and was making contact, cut it clean and all the issue got fixed

I've definitely triple checked the jumpers with a meter. I'm going to try to burn the roms with a different rom burner. Maybe mines broken.

Have you tried the SSF2X ROMs with a G PAL

And which ROM set are you using

hey @xodaraP I'm using the rom set and instructions found here: http://ikotsu.blogspot.com/2014/01/ssf2x-conversion-capcom-1994.html

the rom set already is set to be used with a G pal, and i've done this many times before.

I have several 27C010 and 27C1001 roms that came from cps2 boards but i don't know which ones are JEDEC and which ones are not. I've tried different combinations of these roms and different combinations of the jumpers but i get no sound or the same garbled sound. could my rom burner just be bad? or would the roms fail verification?

I used that same set and worked fine for me.

I burned onto fresh eproms

another update. I've confirmed that the roms im using are jedec roms and that the board jumpers are set for g pal games as SOOS SO OSOSOS and the same bad sounds show up.

I feel strongly the issues is somehow related to the eeproms im using

Man. This is crazy, but rom 11 is the problem. I verified it after burning, but it must have been a bad burn. I burned 2 of them, and they were both bad. Thanks to everyone for helping me rule things out. Learned about jedec vs non jedec roms as well...

Good work. Troubleshooting that helps gain new knowledge is always a good thing in the hobby.

I'm trying to see if its worth repairing a copy of X-Men: COTA I picked up as bad, it appears to be "X-Men: Children of the Atom (USA 950105)" but I can't find a phoenixed or decrypted version of the build to burn and test with are there any other options? Can I used the Euro version? Thats the only version I can find a Phoenix build for.

I'm trying to see if its worth repairing a copy of X-Men: COTA I picked up as bad, it appears to be "X-Men: Children of the Atom (USA 950105)" but I can't find a phoenixed or decrypted version of the build to burn and test with are there any other options? Can I used the Euro version? Thats the only version I can find a Phoenix build for.
https://cps2.avalaunch.net/

They don't have a build for that version but Raz confirmed for me that the EURO build works on my board

Has anyone converted the SIMM data of the CPS2 Puzz Loop 2 daughter board into regular bin data format to burn onto EPROMs for direct use on the main board?

I know this was done with other CPS2 games, like Pro Gear, but am unable to find out if it’s been done for Puzz Loop 2.

I suspect that my Puzz Loop 2 daughter board has failed, and would like to use EPROMs directly on the main board to confirm this.
Does anyone here know where I can get this?

Man. This is crazy, but rom 11 is the problem. I verified it after burning, but it must have been a bad burn. I burned 2 of them, and they were both bad. Thanks to everyone for helping me rule things out. Learned about jedec vs non jedec roms as well...
I have the same issue, did you re burn x2 the same eeprom or used new?

I have the same issue, did you re burn x2 the same eeprom or used new?
I reloaded the rom file (rom 11) and used a different eeprom. Make sure your software is set to accept the specific rom before loading rom 11 or if will truncate the file

I reloaded the rom file (rom 11) and used a different eeprom. Make sure your software is set to accept the specific rom before loading rom 11 or if will truncate the fil
Finally I found. I have a rev 4 so I must solder a wire from pal to C13/C3.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
I don’t know where to post this, but I am looking for empty cases for A and B boards, if anyone has some spares, please let me know...
Best

Back