What's new
That multi is of the old type. I'm u sure what firmware is there at all. It should come with the newest bootloader. To check this is very simple, take a cps2 firmware for the old type and copy it to the root of the SD card. The file must be called flash.img. if the file gets deleted, that means that the bootloader is good and you can automatically update the microSD cards.

How is the multi behaving at all. Does it boot? Does the LCD work well?

About that GAL, that is a replacement for the PAL, it should work as is, as your B board is a -6 version.

Ok thanks!

How do I know which firmware is for the old type? And where can I find it? (Latest version).

I have not tried booting the multi yet. We just only managed to put it together ☺️

Last edited:
I think we managed to upgrade to newer firmware so original unaltered roms can be used.

Will do a test run shortly. If it doesn't work properly I will write back.

Thank you.

I installed the kit, on two boards successfully... However, I noticed that there is interference in the image... A small noise in horizontal lines that the camera cannot capture... It doesn't disturb the game... I compared the same games running natively on the card and with the kit, whenever I install the kit, this little interference appears... Will I need to ground something? Increase the voltage?? Can someone help me?? and the problem persists...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DCMfel8VEg&t=20s

The image of the game on the original board is without any interference, the one on the kit, in all the tests, showed a small amount of noise in the image.. I have already interchanged boards A plates 93646A-4 ;936464A-6 and B... ...B plates:93646B-6, 93646B-7.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgwAaVRKwXo&t=155s

Last edited:
Hi,

Late to the party but I bought a never used 1st gen Multi CPS2 kit. Forum sale from the fantastic Wrena.

1669052287180.jpeg

It's a brilliant piece of kit, and now I have one I'm disappointed in myself that I passed it by for all these years.

It did have a couple of broken pogo pins. I bridged the connections for the time being but it'd be nice to replace them if possible. I read in the install guide that they're only available in the thousands, but the link to the item is now broken anyway.

So if anyone can help me get a couple of Pogo pins I'd be extremely greatful (I'm in the UK). 😃

Thank you very much!

Ah, sorry, I got confused by the product photo of them in an array and didn't realise they're the ones I need. Just to double check, they're the pins I need to replace these?..

50066580-23D0-4AC9-90AC-8C26461615F3.jpeg

Yes those are the long ones. They are only present in older version of the multi and the link I provided is for those.

Thanks again.

£25 shipped though 🤔

Think I'll wait until I have more to order.

yes good thinking.

I have a friend I should be able to piggy back an order with.

I'm also secretly hoping someone in the UK who previously bought a strip can spare me a couple of pins. 😁 I've probably missed the boat by a few years though.

Dónde se puede adquirir el kit aquí en México para hechar a andar mis cps2. O donde las puedo enviar a reparar.

Heyo

So I've recently dug my Darksoft kit out from storage, and was greeted with lines throughout the entire screen. Previous posts suggest, poor A - B connection.

I've tried 2 different setups.

Working A board (confirmed with working B board). B board with key writing.

Working A board, Different B board with decrypted roms.

Any suggestions? The board was fine before storage.

thumbnail_IMG_7689.jpg

That looks to me like 2 lines in the gfx connection not making proper contact. Is your version the older one with long pins or the newer one?

It's the older version, DS.

Where can I press to test it?
Yes of course, press the pins, that should be the problem. The long pins on the main PCB. do it gently not to break anything. If that doesnt work, pull the PCB and check that actually all the pins are still there and none has broken.

Thanks for the suggestion. Pressing didn't help.

I'll see if I can get some IPA later and clean the pins. That will be the last resort.

Failing that, are there newer pins which can be retrofitted for better connection?

you can also try the verify romset and see if that throws any errors. If not, then probably is the buffers/level shifters, some maybe have gone wrong. Checking the output pins, should clarify that.

It's explained in one pinned thread which level shifters are for GFX, sound, etc.

Are you able to check that yourself?

Back