What's new
I bought 3 of these for my g4 cube and instead put one in my triforce v3 (had 1 512mb in there already) and boom worked like a charm!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140688873349

Even cheaper - worked great and each stick arrived in anti-static bags.
I now need another one to put in my cube. CZ
Just bought 2 of these sticks. I will report back once I get them.

Did anyone make the 1GB stickers?

I need one now...

:D

Could someone please post a link to a pair of 512MB sticks that I could use to upgrade my netdimm...?
If you want 512MB then buy two of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-M36...755286?hash=item3d09765616:g:IBwAAOSwDNdV12uM
There are no Net-bootable NAOMI games that need 1GB. The only games out of everything that is net/cf-bootable that need 1GB is
Gundam battle operating simulator on Chihiro and Outrun 2 SP on Chihiro (Only this specific version, Outrun 2, Outrun 2 Beta, and Outrun 2 Special Tours all have 512mb variants)

everything else on Chihiro and Tri-Foce need 512MB,
there are 0 games on NAOMI 2 that need more that 256MB and only 5 games on NAOMI 1 that need 512MB
Aren't OR2 Special Tours and OR2 SP the same game ?

Outrun 2 SP is the Japanese version of Outrun 2 Special tours.Outrun 2 SP only have 1GB version, Outrun 2 Special tours have both 512MB & 1GB version
OK.
Is there any known differences between the 2 versions?

Outrun 2 SP is the Japanese version of Outrun 2 Special tours.Outrun 2 SP only have 1GB version, Outrun 2 Special tours have both 512MB & 1GB version
wrong.
both Japan (GDX-0011) and Export (GDX-0014) versions of Outrun 2 Special Tours have both 512MB and 1GB game binaries.
gdx-0011a.png

Attachments

• gdx-0014a.png
    gdx-0014a.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 127
wrong.both Japan (GDX-0011) and Export (GDX-0014) versions of Outrun 2 Special Tours have both 512MB and 1GB game binaries.
gdx-0011a.png
I tought that OR 2 SP only have 1GB version, is dumped the 512MB version?

didn't get the question. each game disk have 512MB and 1GB binary (as you can see on screenshots), one of them will be used depending on user DIMM size.

both Japan and Export Outrun2SP game GD-ROMs is dumped.

What benefit is there to running the 1GB version vs the 512MB version? I ask as I netboot and only have 512MB... if there is a good reason to upgrade to 1GB I would consider it.

Well, I figured since I wanted to upgrade to 512mb I might as well go to 1gb, in case I ever sell it, then it's ready for the other systems that also use the net dimm.

One would think that more memory means a longer memory test, but according to MetalliC the test only depends on the binary file size.

Thank you @obcd for putting things straight!

Last edited:
Well, I figured since I wanted to upgrade to 512mb I might as well go to 1gb, in case I ever sell it, then it's ready for the other systems that also use the net dimm.
I think the point you might be missing is that no one would benefit from 1GB in a netdimm. The few games on Chihiro that are 1GB only run on a Type 3 Chihiro which does not use a netdimm.

Oh well, the memory was cheap anyway.

And I can confirm that it doesn't take any longer to do the memory test. I was concerned about that also.

Loading the same game takes the same amount of time with 256mb or 1GB.

Besides, now I can say "My Dimm's bigger than yours!"

:D

Last edited:
:thumbup: OK, that's the point.

When you upgrade a DIMM to 1G, does Naomi recognize it crrectly (scan in test mode) ?

Back