What's new

goodtofufriday

Student
Reaction score
Hi all! i am trying to dump the game otenami haiken FINAL that i obtained.

I used the tool UWB to prevent writting to usb devices on my machine. And I have tried this on two different machines.

However when trying to copy every single block gives an error and no data is copied. I have tested it with other non-aracde cf cards to make sure everything else works.

My usb to cf adapter is a sandisk imagemate

Any help is appreciated.

F_bjX9QXoAAMV8f?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F_Jcn8nWsAAwbdY?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F_L1I4EXoAA_Uo_?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I don't know anything about the dumping process for these games, though I'd suspect that ImageMate device might not be up to the task. A lot of these CF based games require lower level access to the device information that can only be provided by an IDE based adapter as most of the USB devices don't include the functionality for it.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, just pure speculation on my part.

out of curiosity why do you want to dump this card?

I don't know anything about the dumping process for these games, though I'd suspect that ImageMate device might not be up to the task. A lot of these CF based games require lower level access to the device information that can only be provided by an IDE based adapter as most of the USB devices don't include the functionality for it.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, just pure speculation on my part.

out of curiosity why do you want to dump this card?
In a couple weeks ill be traveling to dump an undumped capcom medalusion game that has its rom on a CF card and wanted to make sure i had the process down. So I purchased this game to test before i got there.
Also, wanted to try and play this games rom on mame after dumping.

Is there a recommended usb to cf adapter for this task? This imagemate is an older one and I figured it would be sufficient.

Edit:

I do have a CF to IDE adapter, and a IDE to usb adatper. I will see if that changes anything.

Last edited:
I do have a CF to IDE adapter, and a IDE to usb adatper. I will see if that changes anything.
That likely wont help. it would need to be a native IDE interface. IDE and CF are essentially the same interface. so your CF to IDE adapter is essentially just changing the shape of the port.

honestly the easiest way to get this would be to find an old laptop that has a PCMCIA port that the Gnet Card can be plugged into directly.

capcom medalusion game that has its rom on a CF card
is this a G-Net game? if not the process could be completely different even if you got the Gnet dump to work.

That likely wont help. it would need to be a native IDE interface. IDE and CF are essentially the same interface. so your CF to IDE adapter is essentially just changing the shape of the port.

honestly the easiest way to get this would be to find an old laptop that has a PCMCIA port that the Gnet Card can be plugged into directly.

I have a win98 laptop with a pcmcia slot. Can try to buy something a little newer.

is this a G-Net game? if not the process could be completely different even if you got the Gnet dump to work.
It is not a G-net game. That one is a medalusion 2 compact flash game. Im fine with not dumping the g-net games honestly. I bought them to see if i was missing details (which i am it seems).

The capcom medalusion 2 game is Megaman Battle Chip Stadium. some sites list it as a system16 game but thats incorrect. I have pictures/video of the game/board/rom and im traveling to dump it in a couple weeks.

Would it be better to just ask about capcom medalusion game dumps instead?

I have a win98 laptop with a pcmcia slot.
put the CF card back in it's adapter to make it a complete G-net card and it should plug right into a PCMCIA slot, and that will be native IDE.

Would it be better to just ask about capcom medalusion game dumps instead?
if that's what you really want to dump... yes.

put the CF card back in it's adapter to make it a complete G-net card and it should plug right into a PCMCIA slot, and that will be native IDE.

if that's what you really want to dump... yes.
Im going to do that, thanks. take a look if you can since im going to layout the game itself and other details.

@rtw wrote some of the tools, and hopefully will guide you through the process!

There's many card variants not dumped and it's always worth doing them.
thanks. I ended up making a seperate post for the medalusion games.

I think the readme I got said it was written by rtw actually.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...edal-operation-want-to-confirm-process.27945/

Edit: Also learned that i'd need special tools/software to dump these so I will just sell them on. Thanks everyone for their input.

Last edited:
Back