What's new

goodtofufriday

Student
Reaction score
Ive been messaging a few users here and some dump teams on the process as I DO NOT want to get this wrong and mess up the only known copy of this is private hands.
Im sure the instructions i have are correct! But im a quintuplet checker! comes with my day job.

FsHQVEmXsAAAze2?format=png&name=900x900.png
FsHRVLiXgAMIce8?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

https://twitter.com/GoodTofuFriday/status/1639822423313850368

Short and sweet: this game is undumped. Capcom recalled nearly all of them. Information online for what platform this runs on is wrong as evidenced by the actual equipment and my twitter thread.

Its a medalusion 2 amt-04054 system with a cf card daughter board, which is unknown until i get to take apart the machine.

i was given two tools. UWB to block windows from witting to any usb device, and hdd raw copy.

I managed to get a copy of Pingu, another medalusion 2 game, to test.
20231121_175243.jpg
20231121_175555.jpg

The dump finished with one error but I think its ok?

20231121_180124.jpg

How can I confirm this against the existing dump for pingu? I dont think its in a .img format like what i just created.
I planned to use a program like HxD to compare.

Thanks for any help.

You need to use chdman to convert the mame chd to an image.

chdman.exe extractraw -i example.chd -o example.img

However, I doubt the images will be exactly the same, so a straight CRC compare is meaningless. What you could do is, you could create a chd out of your image and see if it works in Mame. Boot the game under command prompt to do this.

You need to use chdman to convert the mame chd to an image.

chdman.exe extractraw -i example.chd -o example.img

However, I doubt the images will be exactly the same, so a straight CRC compare is meaningless. What you could do is, you could create a chd out of your image and see if it works in Mame. Boot the game under command prompt to do this.
Is there a guide on how to do this?

hi here too :)
I would say - there is nothing add to already been said in twitter. if there will be some specific question(s) you may ask me or someone else, like @rtw or @Darksoft

as of WinImage photo with error: sadly, it's not something new, these Capcom CFs seems degrading withing time, iirc we've dumped few Pingu CF cards until found fully good one.
anyway, thanks for your efforts in preservation more of undumped Capcom's arcade stuff

The read error happened at the very end of the drive. I remember getting that with some oddball SSDs. I don't think there's anything wrong with the image.

Is there a guide on how to do this?

You use chdman.exe to do it. I can't remember the exact command off hand, but if you type chdman.exe in command prompt, it will tell you all the commands.

You use chdman.exe to do it. I can't remember the exact command off hand, but if you type chdman.exe in command prompt, it will tell you all the commands.
I wouldn't recommend to do that in this case.
Medalusion games have some protection, CF data married with data from ATA IDENT reply, so, you have to dump both, and then optionally create chd image using chdman.
this person already got toolset by rtw which we use in DU, with quite detailed instructions how to use it.

I wasn't saying anything about dumping with chdman.

I was talking about creating a chd for his Pingu dump so he can try it in Mame.

I wouldn't recommend to do that in this case.
Medalusion games have some protection, CF data married with data from ATA IDENT reply, so, you have to dump both, and then optionally create chd image using chdman.
this person already got toolset by rtw which we use in DU, with quite detailed instructions how to use it.
20231123_145449.jpg

I think I get the ata id with this adapter. Every CF card comes up with a different id.

However my dump seems to come out smaller than what hdd raw copy reports.

20231123_150751.jpg

20231123_150813.jpg

However my dump seems to come out smaller than what hdd raw copy reports.
They are the same size, the difference is just how each is displaying the value. There are 256000 (LBA) sectors with each sector being 512 bytes, which gives a total of 131,072,000 bytes. hdd raw is dividing the value by 1,000,000 to get the displayed 131.07 MB. Whereas windows is dividing by 1024 to get 128,000 KB. If you right click on the file (pingu2) in windows and do properties it should show the file size as 131,072,000 bytes.

They are the same size, the difference is just how each is displaying the value. There are 256000 (LBA) sectors with each sector being 512 bytes, which gives a total of 131,072,000 bytes. hdd raw is dividing the value by 1,000,000 to get the displayed 131.07 MB. Whereas windows is dividing by 1024 to get 128,000 KB. If you right click on the file (pingu2) in windows and do properties it should show the file size as 131,072,000 bytes.
it does! thank you for that.

huh, nope, I've said opposite, this one is dumped, it's mmaruchan set in MAME. your dump 100% match existing one, but thanks anyway

ROMs labeled MPV and SPD is needed/undumped
SPT is already preserved "Chibi Maruko-chan" game

much thanks!
SPD PCB/ROMs are "Donkey Kong Jungle Fever / ドンキーコング ジャングルフィーバー" medal machine. if you maybe curious what is it and how it looks like - search at Youtube for Japanese name, there is quite many videos with gameplay.
MPV is boot loader ROMs from some CF-based game, not yet sure which one
add: high likely for "Super Mario Fushigi No Korokoro Party 2", at least game boots fine using those boot ROMs

Last edited:
much thanks!
SPD PCB/ROMs are "Donkey Kong Jungle Fever / ドンキーコング ジャングルフィーバー" medal machine. if you maybe curious what is it and how it looks like - search at Youtube for Japanese name, there is quite many videos with gameplay.
MPV is boot loader ROMs from some CF-based game, not yet sure which one
add: high likely for "Super Mario Fushigi No Korokoro Party 2", at least game boots fine using those boot ROMs
I have three exact copies of the mpv board if you want one.
They are in the older medulsion board amt-02008

Some of the roms showed me a boot of 02008 despite being in a amt-04054 board

20231116_211705.jpg

Also looks like maybe the CF cards are dumped already?

20231124_113514.jpg

20231124_113520.jpg

Last edited:
Back