What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking for some advice, I've added cotton RnR to the multi using teknoparrot but I'm getting crackling audio, is there any way to fix this

Question to the esteemed people working on this - what's the intent with it? Public release? Working on it just for giggles? Private access? Before I get excited, I wanted to know what the end game was. Thanks for the hardwork.

Question to the esteemed people working on this - what's the intent with it? Public release? Working on it just for giggles? Private access? Before I get excited, I wanted to know what the end game was. Thanks for the hardwork.
It seems to have gone quiet as to what’s happening with it, I was just working on Naomi stuff which anyone can do but not sure what to mess with next.

Any changes I was making was just for personal use since I’m removing many things such as all non joystick games and adding in any other mame games I might play such xmen. If anyone wants I can try to upload all the changes to the frontend when I’m done.

In other news, v4 seems to have disappeared.

My SSD just arrived... 8|

Looks like it it still available over at ArcadePunks...
If anyone has the Fast IO update for the other image... send me a pm?

It seems to have gone quiet as to what’s happening with it, I was just working on Naomi stuff which anyone can do but not sure what to mess with next.
I think so far with the scripts removing all of the nag screens being uploaded here it's basically complete. If anyone wants to add more sections and titles then the information on how to do that is readily available and easy to accomplish as we know.

I don't see the point in some gigantic 1000+ game multi when everyone's needs are so varied. That's what I found anyway, I deleted a ton of sections and games that were just getting in the way. There is such a thing as "too much" with solutions like this.

Looks like the entire thread was removed... I wonder why.

Last edited:
It's still nice to see what others have managed to get working or having trouble with, at least then we know what can and can't be achieved, i've just got DOA6 which i'm going to look at adding, but then also got strive and it's an image so no idea what to do with that unless it's a stand alone.

It's still nice to see what others have managed to get working or having trouble with, at least then we know what can and can't be achieved, i've just got DOA6 which i'm going to look at adding, but then also got strive and it's an image so no idea what to do with that unless it's a stand alone.
Unfortunately, I don’t think this is the right forum for this.

I think so far with the scripts removing all of the nag screens being uploaded here it's basically complete. If anyone wants to add more sections and titles then the information on how to do that is readily available and easy to accomplish as we know.

I don't see the point in some gigantic 1000+ game multi when everyone's needs are so varied. That's what I found anyway, I deleted a ton of sections and games that were just getting in the way. There is such a thing as "too much" with solutions like this.
This is my feeling too. V4 was a good base to start from and modify to save some time setting everything from scratch.

Looks like it it still available over at ArcadePunks...
If anyone has the Fast IO update for the other image... send me a pm?
Which other image are you talking about, v7?

and access to emuline main tread has been restricted.

Artax is the Pandora's Box of modern arcade hardware. The basic work putting together the hardwares/emulators is cool, but the stuff thrown into it is not something to compliment someone on. I really don't like the attitude of people who put something like this together and think they are hot shit for it. Artax multi is a great proof of concept and is the result of obviously countless hours to put together, but I'd say it's a far, far stretch from being "THE" go-to thing. I feel that people should think of it as such; a stepping stone to something greater, or a stopgap until something cleaner and more streamlined is made. I hope it doesn't make people complacent, and we can see better work come out in the future!

Not releasing v6 is just petty and childish. What did he think, people WOULDN'T bootleg and rampantly share stuff? I despise the idea of punishing the masses for the poor form of one or two.

Artax is the Pandora's Box of modern arcade hardware. The basic work putting together the hardwares/emulators is cool, but the stuff thrown into it is not something to compliment someone on. I really don't like the attitude of people who put something like this together and think they are hot shit for it. Artax multi is a great proof of concept and is the result of obviously countless hours to put together, but I'd say it's a far, far stretch from being "THE" go-to thing. I feel that people should think of it as such; a stepping stone to something greater, or a stopgap until something cleaner and more streamlined is made. I hope it doesn't make people complacent, and we can see better work come out in the future!

Not releasing v6 is just petty and childish. What did he think, people WOULDN'T bootleg and rampantly share stuff? I despise the idea of punishing the masses for the poor form of one or two.
:thumbup:

Well v4 is obviously out there. And if you can’t find it for free and no other alternative besides building it from scratch, people are definitely gonna be buying it now lol.

So I guess I should probably come clean since I very much value this community and the people in it. I am the reason the V4 thread on Emuline was deleted.

Following a post from emulate58 explaining why V7 would "NEVER be public" and that "any version after V4 would never see the light of day"..but that he wanted to update people on what the private version of V7 had, I sorta snapped and left a scathing reply. In that reply, I said that updating people on a version of the image that no one would have access to was the kind of shitty gatekeeping that I can't stand and that if you have no intention of ever letting anyone see your much appreciated hard work, why go through the trouble of updating this thread? Why not delete it? And so, in a matter of minutes, he did. And then he messaged me to essentially rub my nose in it that I was the reason the thread is now gone. We had what I thought was a respectful back and forth where I express gratitude for the hardwork that has gone on with the image but also express my disappointment that a few bad apples selling something on EBAY could tarnish this valuable experience for the community. I have receipts of that exchange.

I feel bad that I may have contributed to the thread being dissolved but NOT bad that I said what I said. Two things can be equally true. I CAN appreciate the hard work that goes into creating an image that gets us to V4 and I also CAN think it's super c*nty to consistently remind people they will never see something but that there are YT vids and "oh, here's an update for that thing that will never be made public also."

I got into this arcade thing somewhat recently and people like Cereth and Lemony and a few others have shown me that the arcade community takes care of its own. The "V5-V7 will never be made public so figure it out yourself..but here's a sneak peak of V7.5" shit is not that. And I snapped. Apologies if that ruffles anyone's feathers. Wanted to be transparent about it as a member of the community.

So I guess I should probably come clean since I very much value this community and the people in it. I am the reason the V4 thread on Emuline was deleted.

Following a post from emulate58 explaining why V7 would "NEVER be public" and that "any version after V4 would never see the light of day"..but that he wanted to update people on what the private version of V7 had, I sorta snapped and left a scathing reply. In that reply, I said that updating people on a version of the image that no one would have access to was the kind of shitty gatekeeping that I can't stand and that if you have no intention of ever letting anyone see your much appreciated hard work, why go through the trouble of updating this thread? Why not delete it? And so, in a matter of minutes, he did. And then he messaged me to essentially rub my nose in it that I was the reason the thread is now gone. We had what I thought was a respectful back and forth where I express gratitude for the hardwork that has gone on with the image but also express my disappointment that a few bad apples selling something on EBAY could tarnish this valuable experience for the community. I have receipts of that exchange.

I feel bad that I may have contributed to the thread being dissolved but NOT bad that I said what I said. Two things can be equally true. I CAN appreciate the hard work that goes into creating an image that gets us to V4 and I also CAN think it's super c*nty to consistently remind people they will never see something but that there are YT vids and "oh, here's an update for that thing that will never be made public also."

I got into this arcade thing somewhat recently and people like Cereth and Lemony and a few others have shown me that the arcade community takes care of its own. The "V5-V7 will never be made public so figure it out yourself..but here's a sneak peak of V7.5" shit is not that. And I snapped. Apologies if that ruffles anyone's feathers. Wanted to be transparent about it as a member of the community.
That's what's up my dude.

I share your sentiment and anger of people profiting off multis, gatekeepers, etc. When Niko dropped the Ringedge 2 multi I literally gave away probably a dozen of them because I didn't want people getting screwed on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back