What's new
Now your just putting a spanner in the works 😂, the 1060 has 6gb but I’m presuming the 1650 is newer, price wise on eBay there’s not much in it.
The 1060 is 8-10% more powerful than the 1650, either will card chew through all these arcade fighters, get whatever fits the budget. The GPU world is still screwy, so anything decent is still overpriced.

You’d think the higher number would be the better card but apparently not, I looked for the ASUS rog 1650 but must be discontinued.

One nice perk of the GTX 1650 is that it has enough excess horsepower that you can crank up the antialiasing and anisotropic filtering in the Nvidia Control Panel. It makes all the 3D games look really nice at 1080p resolution. :thumbsup:
Is there any ideal setting for antialiasing and anisotropic?
The higher the better?
I am on a GTX 1060 3GB. It performed excellent on SFV Benchmark test with everything on max.
Should I just go as high as possible and check with e.g. SFV Benchmark test?

Last edited:
The higher the better?
I am on a GTX 1060 3GB. It went performed excellent on SFV Benchmark test with everything on max.
or just go as high as possible and check with e.g. SFV Benchmark test?
Guess I just crank up both and check the performance again to find max possible setting?
It’s a matter of preference and card performance. I always turn off antialiasing on all my games because I like to see the edges of the character models and backgrounds. Having any sort of antialiasing makes everything look to smooth/smeared for my personal preference.

Adjust the settings to your liking and run the benchmark.

The higher the better?
I am on a GTX 1060 3GB. It performed excellent on SFV Benchmark test with everything on max.
Should I just go as high as possible and check with e.g. SFV Benchmark test?

I just max out both of them and I still get 60fps in the SFV Benchmark. :thumbsup:

So since the noise of the TX3 is the biggest downer as we all now I ramped down the Fans to the minimum Speed in Bios.
However since I am not sure if that is the best solution I am thinking about spending some money again and replace the fans.
I am not yet sure which fan causes the most noise?
I am ok with replacing the CPU and Case fan but don't really want to mess with the PSU.
Does this make much difference in terms of cooling efficiency and noise?

From what I read Noctua NH-D9L is a good option for CPU Cooling.
Is it plug and play and works with Stock PSU and connectors?
Do I need an additional Noctua NF-A9? Which exact Version, 4Pin(FLX or PVM) or 3Pin?

Which Noctua for the case?

I bought this Casefan for my TX3 Noctua NF-A15
It's a 4Pin connector and TX3 uses only 3Pin. When I plug it in SYS Fan2 Port of TX3 I get the error message "Your comupter SYSFan2 had problem..." Fan runs fine and after pressing enter it boots into Multi. If I adapt to 3Pin connector does anyone know the wiring?

I bought this Casefan for my TX3 Noctua NF-A15
It's a 4Pin connector and TX3 uses only 3Pin. When I plug it in SYS Fan2 Port of TX3 I get the error message "Your comupter SYSFan2 had problem..." Fan runs fine and after pressing enter it boots into Multi. If I adapt to 3Pin connector does anyone know the wiring?
You can plug a 4 pin PWM fan connector on to a standard 3 pin without issue, the fan will simply run without PWM function. Why don't you turn off the warning in the BIOS?

Went a bit overboard and put a GTX 1080Ti in my X3. Photo below is after a couple of hours running the SF5 Test with maxed out settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Upgraded the PSU to a 850w with a power switch. Going from a i5-2400 to i7-2600 did give a slight bump in performance. 8GB of RAM is the max needed for the multi, I actually ran 4GB with no change in performance really.

The only game that won't load for me on the multi with this GPU is SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy. Not a big loss, but if anyone knows any settings particular to that game I could tweak, it would be appreciated. It just never gets to the title and the video seems to be stuttering.

X3.JPG

I had that too but then I updated teknoparrot for Aleste and it fixed it.

I had that too but then I updated teknoparrot for Aleste and it fixed it.
Nice one, was driving me a bit nutty. I'll upgrade Teknoparrot. Do I just choose the option in its menu?

Nice one, was driving me a bit nutty. I'll upgrade Teknoparrot. Do I just choose the option in its menu?
Yeah thats what I did, gives you VF eSports and I think a fair few others too.

Back