What's new
Hi peeps,
Got a Zotac 780 3gb, but i get a message at boot that i need to connect the PCIe power cables to the GPU. I have plugged in the 6 pins from PSU to GPU and the other 6 pins PSU to a 6 pin to 8 pin.
Is the factory TTX3 PSU good enough to power this 780?

I've powered a 780 using the stock X3 psu with no issue. I've tried 3 different brands but never a Zotac though.

I'd replace the PSU if the 780 works in another machine, however always a good idea anyway because the original has likely had many years of 24/7 use.

I'd replace the PSU if the 780 works in another machine, however always a good idea anyway because the original has likely had many years of 24/7 use.

I'd take this advice. It's just a standard computer power supply. Nothing special about it.

Just a reminder that the PSU isn’t a stock ATX form factor…

6. Here's the power supply next to an 850w Seasonic ATX power supply from my computer. You can see it's similar fit. BUT.. this is where you will run into problems, the air flows in one end and out the opposite end for the TTX3 PSU. This has vents at the back so the air can escape the case. If you use a PC power supply... there is going to be nowhere for the air to escape, it's going to be blowing into the case. You can wing this is you blow the air into the side of the case where the CPU is, because the exhaust fan at the back should remove the hot air, but just be aware of this. Look at the airflow arrows, you get the idea.
006-jpg.jpg

Probably a dumb question by me, but can the jvs io the x3 has be used with regular computers? Thought if you just get one of them and use on a bit stronger / modern computers. Are the drivers easily found and usable?

Probably a dumb question by me, but can the jvs io the x3 has be used with regular computers? Thought if you just get one of them and use on a bit stronger / modern computers. Are the drivers easily found and usable?

Yes it can be used on a stronger PC, and the Artax Multi already includes the drivers for it.

Thank you for the answers. I have motherboard, memory, cpu and gpu. Then I just need the IO and drivers I guess. Or is it just easier to buy a x3 to get it?

What are your plans? There is a USB patch for Artax v4.1 that may allow you to drop the TTX3 IO altogether…

What are your plans? There is a USB patch for Artax v4.1 that may allow you to drop the TTX3 IO altogether…
I don’t want to use the multi at all but use my spare parts to run a stronger build with maybe steam or similar

Hello,
which is the best video card for taito x3 with artax multigame?
A good one but not over needed
Thanks

Hello,
which is the best video card for taito x3 with artax multigame?
A good one but not over needed
Thanks
The answer lies within the 20 pages of posts in this thread.

I use a GeForce GTX 660 2GB & can get 60fps on SFV on "high" settings.

I use a gtx 1060 on two of my ttx3's. I found the price vs performance to be a good balance for me

Back