What's new
@Lachlan I guess the point people use these are also for the direct JVS support, not only because it's a pc? Or can you use the JVS boards with regular motherboards?
To keep JVS support you just need a motherboard with a COM (serial) header. The only thing you keep is the iDMAC pcie card.

What do you mean by "go with a new Platform"?
The pc hardware in the x3 is off the shelf parts. It's not custom other than the bios. Any motherboard today that still has a serial header can keep both fast io and jvs when running the multi.

Do you guys think/know if it's possible to add custom resolutions to a GTX660 video card (a la ArcadeVGA)? I want to be able to connect the video card to a CRT (of course, using a video amplifier) and be able to run some video purity/callibration tools.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t believe any of the Nvidia GPUs support 15 kHz standard arcade CRT resolution. You need an AMD GPU for that, and only certain older models support it. The ArcadeVGA is an older AMD GPU for that reason.

I’ve got the 660 in my tx3 and noticed the obvious slow down on vf5esports and doa6, there’s quite a few gtx760 on eBay at minute but would this solve the slow down at all or will it run pretty much the same.

I’ve got the 660 in my tx3 and noticed the obvious slow down on vf5esports and doa6, there’s quite a few gtx760 on eBay at minute but would this solve the slow down at all or will it run pretty much the same.
A 760 will increase performance a little but a 680, 770 or higher will eliminate it as a problem. I have a 1060 3gb in mine and apart from there not being any more slowdown it runs cooler and with less power consumption than say a 680.

Didn't the machine that run those game have like 1070 or 1080 video card in them?

A 760 will increase performance a little but a 680, 770 or higher will eliminate it as a problem. I have a 1060 3gb in mine and apart from there not being any more slowdown it runs cooler and with less power consumption than say a 680.
i've been recommended to get a GTX 1650 by shootthecore, he's using the same one and says it runs fine in the tx3, might be overkill but you never know what may come out next.

One nice perk of the GTX 1650 is that it has enough excess horsepower that you can crank up the antialiasing and anisotropic filtering in the Nvidia Control Panel. It makes all the 3D games look really nice at 1080p resolution. :thumbsup:

I’m just about to order it, it’s a hard purchase making sure it’s the right thing to get, going for the asus Gtx 1650 dual as recommended but then you see gtx1660’s and others that have obviously taken over from these and it makes your brain ache lol. It’s a lot of money to lose if it doesn’t work 😅

Two thoughts:

1) there are definitely stronger cards than the 1650 but they might not fit in the TTX3 case. Check the dimensions, and if a 1660 etc will fit and is affordable, then go for it. Any Nvidia GPU will work as long as you’ve updated the TTX3 BIOS.

GPU prices were absurd for a while and the 1650 was the best bang-for-the-buck at the time I got mine. Prices are coming down now.

2) order the card from a seller with a “no questions asked“ return policy. I ordered my 1650 from Amazon and it definitely would have gone right back if it hadn’t worked out.

Two thoughts:

1) there are definitely stronger cards than the 1650 but they might not fit in the TTX3 case. Check the dimensions, and if a 1660 etc will fit and is affordable, then go for it. Any Nvidia GPU will work as long as you’ve updated the TTX3 BIOS.

GPU prices were absurd for a while and the 1650 was the best bang-for-the-buck at the time I got mine. Prices are coming down now.

2) order the card from a seller with a “no questions asked“ return policy. I ordered my 1650 from Amazon and it definitely would have gone right back if it hadn’t worked out.
It seems different over here in the uk, according to reviews they came out at around £150, there going for more second hand and the new one I’ve found is £229. Problem with buying preowned is you don’t know how it’s been used, overclocked too much and it can damage it.

Well I think I’ve just answered my own question, last graphics card I bought was an xfx 9800 gx2 black edition, this was the bees knees and I bought 2 for quad sli so about 500 quid, they were the envy of everyone these cards, so I’ve just looked at what’s recent £995 for 1, there taking the piss 😂

Ya, everything is insane with GPU pricing right now. I got my 1650 for $220 USD, but MSRP on it is $150 USD. I still got scalped, but at least it wasn't twice MSRP like we're seeing on the 2000 and 3000 series cards. Ugh. ||

Last edited:
A 2060 would be an ideal card but still pricy (lol wut) everyones gone mad.

If playing 1080p fighting games, hell even at 1440p, the GTX 1060 6GB will run them all at high settings, 60fps.

Last edited:
Will those fit without taking the back fan out? Or would you need to take those out?

I can personally confirm that the 1650 fits without taking the rear fan out and it leaves your FastIO & JVS header intact. The rear fan is missing in this pic since I was trying out several cards, but I reinstalled it afterward.

Attachments

• 1F4CFE93-B5D9-48C8-A63D-EFB380F97B79.jpeg
    1F4CFE93-B5D9-48C8-A63D-EFB380F97B79.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 154
If playing 1080p fighting games, hell even at 1440p, the GTX 1060 6GB will run them all at high settings, 60fps.
Now your just putting a spanner in the works 😂, the 1060 has 6gb but I’m presuming the 1650 is newer, price wise on eBay there’s not much in it.

Back