What's new
I think the problem is that they have not yet made the tooling to produce the larger monitor, that’s what the preorders were fundraising for. So they don’t have any actual units to send out for review. They should just move the project to Kickstarter or something and advertise it on a couple of tech blogs, greater transparency and more people will come across it then

They have tooling based on the limited samples available. They just can't afford the MOQ from the ODM who are probably more than willing to make this happen. UNICO clearly has issues within their marketing, planning and business side. From what I've seen, their business approach is lacking. Why else are they seeking funding from public pre-orders? There's a market for these monitors outside of our gaming niche 100%, they just don't know how to connect the dots. If it were my team, i'd create awareness in an impacted industry that could use these in volumes to fund the gaming niche.

So I'm not a big fan of "watch this video to get your news", that's life today I guess, at least when I found this one it was short.

View: https://youtu.be/8wL76wDDlFw

It's uh, not exactly boosting my confidence in this company. Sounds like they don't really have a product or a company, just trying to raise some cash to buy some panels. But if what's in here is true, and it's speculation granted, they're not really sounding like the best place to park your cash.

Buyer beware I guess. I'm gonna stay sitting this one out.

Attachments

• 20230711_202703.jpg
    20230711_202703.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 20230713_112918.jpg
    20230713_112918.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 133
I also have one - but haven't hooked it up yet, in a few days!

i did some tests with it - CPS1/CPS2 worked great right out of the gate.

Killer Instinct 1/2 - great.

Track and Field - no issues

Ultimate MK3 (the real test) - image was there, but geometry was off a bit, will have to mess with it - but at least it showed a picture!

So far, in my limited testing - good.

Matt

I also have one - but haven't hooked it up yet, in a few days!

i did some tests with it - CPS1/CPS2 worked great right out of the gate.

Killer Instinct 1/2 - great.

Track and Field - no issues

Ultimate MK3 (the real test) - image was there, but geometry was off a bit, will have to mess with it - but at least it showed a picture!

So far, in my limited testing - good.

Matt
Awesome, I just got a couple let's see how they do.

1689401218910.png

This may sound like a dumb question but I have a Neo25, would this being a 26" fit correctly?

Im considering going that route just to save the hassle down the line.

When did you order it?
6/23, they had 50 ready and sold out pretty quick. A second batch of 250 went up a few weeks later, hasn't sold out yet.

I did the failed pre-order last year and kept an eye on the Unico FB page.

The side mounts meant fabbing something for my PR cab, which ended up being 1"x4" pinewood boards.

The monitors rgb/ground/sync connector doesn't match the connector on my JAMMA harness so I ordered one off ebay (see pic).

I like it so far, has done all the resolutions I've tried via the Artax multi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714_153329_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714_153329_eBay.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 50
How's the viewing angle? Almost hard to believe I had $300 lined up to buy a TFT display last year.

To clarify; the monitor is 4:3 or 5:4? Or is it 16:9 or 16:10? I know initially they were 5:4, but it doesn’t say that on the website as a direct replacement for 4:3 25” CRT.

To clarify; the monitor is 4:3 or 5:4? Or is it 16:9 or 16:10? I know initially they were 5:4, but it doesn’t say that on the website as a direct replacement for 4:3 25” CRT.
I think is 5:4

As far as I can see - its 4:3?

The screen measures about 15.375 x 20.75 - that's a 1.34 ratio - 4:3 is 1.333 ratio right?

Matt

Reactions: nem
As far as I can see - its 4:3?

The screen measures about 15.375 x 20.75 - that's a 1.34 ratio - 4:3 is 1.333 ratio right?

Matt
You maybe right all I can find its the following :)

nformation

Units work in CGA, EGA, HDMI, VGA, SVGA or XGA resolutions.

Ideal for use in most Arcade & Amusement cabinets.

Replace your old outdated or burn-in CRT monitors with a Unico Phoenix Series LCD monitor and give your games life again with our easy to install CRT replacement LCD.

Manufactured with high-grade components with a superior LCD panel, that offer better picture quality, balanced picture image, viewing angles and a longer life span with no burn-in (which is typical with traditional CRT monitors).

All units have a unique frame design that allows you ease of installation of our LCD panel to most arcade & amusement cabinets.

Built in connectors on back of LCD for CGA/EGA, HDMI, and DB15 VGA signal.

Pre-programmed to automatically sync with popular CGA/EGA games may require manual adjustment via OSD settings controller.

LCD's can be adjusted via our OSD settings for other CGA/EGA/HDMI/VGA games via included OSD settings controller.

+12v Power Supply

Mounting Bracket pre-installed on monitor for easy installation.
Specifications
Active Screen Size: 25.7"
TFT active matrix
Display Colors: 8bit, 16.7M
Resolution: 1600x1200 (Tested)
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Response Time: 1ms to 1.5ms
Viewing Angles: 176(H)/176(V)

Shipping & Returns

Arrives Jul 21 - Jul 31

Free standard shipping

This merchant can ship to US

You can return new and unused items within 30 days The merchant cannot ship to Alaska or Hawaii

You can cancel within 30 minutes of purchase

The resolution also suggests 4:3 (1600x1200).

Be interested to know what panel they used in this.

This might be nice for a MiSTer FPGA application using HDMI. at 1600x1200, the MiSTer has decent looking CRT filters to approximate the look.

unboxing. The cable to the control board is quite short.

View: https://youtu.be/exgCIjgH9-U

I wish th

Agreed - I asked them if there was an extension cable, as this cable is too short to use in a cabinet. In my Dynamo cabinet I will have to take the glass off each time I need to adjust things.

As of right now - no extension.

Back