What's new
Reading the pdf it says to apply a gasket around the edge,anyone have a link to the appropriate size? I haven’t gotten my vewlix yet so trying to get everything I need before it arrives.

The gasket is included with the bracket, or at least it use to be.

Yup the roll of the gasket tape came with the kit it when I ordered it recently.

Thanks. How long did it take for you guys to receive? I placed an order over a week ago and still havent gotten any sort of confirmation.

Looks like there will be a 32" Oled now. Once console fighting games are 4k this could be worth it depending on the price. Though I'd be worried about burning in the health bars and whatnot.

https://www.engadget.com/lg-ultrafine-oled-pro-monitor-ces-2021-135201171.html
1610386492430.gif

That LG OLED is going to be pricey, it seems to be marketed as a PC monitor and not a TV based on the video input options..if it had 4 HDMI 2.x and aimed as a TV that would have been a different story.. Dell had one with similar spec and it cost $3.5k.

That LG OLED is going to be pricey, it seems to be marketed as a PC monitor and not a TV based on the video input options..if it had 4 HDMI 2.x and aimed as a TV that would have been a different story.. Dell had one with similar spec and it cost

it’s also only 60hz and no hdmi 2.1,so no variable refresh. Sucks.

Last edited:
the ossc doesn’t take advantage of variable refresh, the only benefit you get is that the pixel clock tends to be higher. most monitors can sync to a wide variety of signals without variable refresh support. not sure why it became such a meme for vewlix monitor replacements

most monitors can sync to a wide variety of signals without variable refresh support.
Sorry but that just hasn't been my experience at all.
Difficult PCBs like the Midway Unit families have ALWAYS required either a DVDO to adjust the scan rate output OR a monitor that don't care its 54hz (basically LOWER than PAL timings) which isn't many.

Perhaps this new 4k 32" OLED will be AOK with everything, without the need to be "freesync" branded.
Maybe you could buy one, test MK2+OSSC with it and report back for us?

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe I'm just lucky (or just don't own anything that's that far out of whack). worst boards I have are Block Out at 57.4hz and TGM2 at 61.6hz and both have worked with every monitor i've tried minus one (the dell ultrasharp u2718q). granted, I've pretty much only went with LG displays since their firmware tends to be pretty consistently good.

hey, if you want to finance one of those oleds for me to test with, i wouldn't complain ;)

Back