What's new
dYs27fA.jpg

I removed the control/switch that was installed in the bezel and ran it down to where my old remote board was located.
Dude, that’s smart. Do you have any stepped pictures on how to go about that?

@Dloop no photos sorry, But I probably looked up a repair guide or disassembly vid for my monitor to figure out how to remove the back and/or bezel without breaking it. Once it’s apart it’s not hard to get the remote bit out.

For dropping those LG monitors into a Lindbergh, I had to splice and extend the remote cable as well. That might be worth it too if you want easier access to it

@hyp36rmax I think I took off the back plastic completely (never put it back on) and had to loosen the outer bezel near the controller, that’s all. But it’s been a while

Just chiming in as I recently got a bracket for my Vewlix C and also put in a LG 32GP850-B ($450 on Amazon).

Awesome bracket, not too tough to get aligned. I did need the corner brackets, and I kept the OG glass on it, held with heavy duty electrical tape to the frame, but I don't think it was necessary to keep the glass with this setup.

One thing to note about the LG 32GP850-B: there is a button of sorts on the back of the monitor to release the monitor stand. It's possible to mount the sub bracket to avoid going over the button so it sits flush on the back of the monitor, but when I tried, it wasn't possible to get the screen aligned properly. I had to mount the sub bracket over the button, so it flexes a little over the button, but it seems like it will be fine.

Just chiming in as I recently got a bracket for my Vewlix C and also put in a LG 32GP850-B ($450 on Amazon).

Awesome bracket, not too tough to get aligned. I did need the corner brackets, and I kept the OG glass on it, held with heavy duty electrical tape to the frame, but I don't think it was necessary to keep the glass with this setup.

One thing to note about the LG 32GP850-B: there is a button of sorts on the back of the monitor to release the monitor stand. It's possible to mount the sub bracket to avoid going over the button so it sits flush on the back of the monitor, but when I tried, it wasn't possible to get the screen aligned properly. I had to mount the sub bracket over the button, so it flexes a little over the button, but it seems like it will be fine.
I did not have this problem with the same screen hmm. Or at least didn’t notice. My biggest problem is access to the menu / power button the first time after installing heh

I did not have this problem with the same screen hmm. Or at least didn’t notice. My biggest problem is access to the menu / power button the first time after installing heh
Could you pull out the menu board and extend it to the coin door?

I had to do this on mine too; HA said it's to be expected. I did place a felt pad there to ease the strain a little IIRC.

considered that too, but didn't want to warranty void for it. It's not so bad with the newer brackets with the cutout.

Don’t really see how to do it without removing the monitor chassis fully. It seems like it’s a molded 2 piece chassi.

Are you using a Rev A, B or C bracket?

LG 32GP850-B

Same I didn't have that problem either. I would have mentioned it on my post if it was. Maybe there was a revision since we bought the same monitor?

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/universal-monitor-bracket-for-vewlix.9064/post-302804

If it was an issue, seems you could use spacers as well.

1645529574993.png

Put 2 per hole and problem fixed.
The Vesa mounting holes in the monitor are pretty recessed.

Would need more like... 7, stacked up and the sub bracket gingerly balanced on top, praying I can slip the screw in all four holes without them getting misaligned

The Vesa mounting holes in the monitor are pretty recessed.

Would need more like... 7, stacked up and the sub bracket gingerly balanced on top, praying I can slip the screw in all four holes without them getting misaligned
Also larger screws

Back