What's new
Want To Buy
Cuz CRTs are dead... *runs away as the forum lights the torches* haha ;)
Editorial-Turba-enardecida.jpg
LCDs will not replace us, LCDs will not replace us.... :D

I forgot the other problem with cabs: once you're used to playing linked you never want to share a control panel again, so the only way I'd ever want a Vewlix would be if I got at least two. :P

All my Astro Cities are linked, I couldn't go back. If you're just playing on your own that's one thing, but I host a weekly, my cabs aren't really for me, they're for group play. I often don't bother to turn them on when I'm by myself.
Sweet! What did you get? I've been downsizing my pins slowly, from a peak of 11, down to 4 now. Just sold my last EM, a really nice Abra Ca Dabra.
Nah see man you got to go! Can't have somebody in here convincing me to buy a 2nd cab down the road when i don't really even need the first one :D :P

Nah see man you got to go! Can't have somebody in here convincing me to buy a 2nd cab down the road when i don't really even need the first one
Oh, you need a second. And a fourth. When you hit 12 you start thinking to yourself "Where could I put this one...?" and suddenly there's a cab in your closet.

Nah see man you got to go! Can't have somebody in here convincing me to buy a 2nd cab down the road when i don't really even need the first one
Oh, you need a second. And a fourth. When you hit 12 you start thinking to yourself "Where could I put this one...?" and suddenly there's a cab in your closet.
Dam another one, you guys are everywhere lol!

I'm about to contradict myself right now. Although i prefer the hd cabs, deep down i've always wanted an astro city or egret ii to complement a vewlix. I just don't have the passion that some of you have to look for good crt's, fix them when they go bad or source parts for them. Add to that i'm in the middle of nowhere when it comes to cabs so i'm out on that one. I'm sure for some of ya'll it ain't as bad as i'm making it out to be.

Got a big head Last Action Hero, pretty decent condition, not my first choice but it was cheaper than a Vewlix cab so went for it. It’s a local pick up which was what pushed me to get it.

Already has Led lights, and a few other slight mods, gonna get cliffy protectors for the drop scoops, a color dmd, pinsound board/speakers and the different translite artwork like the movie poster, not a fan of the big head.

Gonna see how it goes with this one, I’m really looking to get a Star Trek or a Metallica though.

Add to that i'm in the middle of nowhere
No such thing! I have two cabs that came straight from Japan to my door, 2 from TX, 1 from Alabama.

They just take a bit longer to save up for if they require shipping is all!

Dam you got me there lol! Also who has the most cabs on here?? I think i already heard that Derick at one point bought ALL the Vewlix's

It's probably one of the guys who runs an arcade. Maybe nem.

I will have... 16 end of next month, I think.

Got a big head Last Action Hero, pretty decent condition, not my first choice but it was cheaper than a Vewlix cab so went for it. It’s a local pick up which was what pushed me to get it.

Already has Led lights, and a few other slight mods, gonna get cliffy protectors for the drop scoops, a color dmd, pinsound board/speakers and the different translite artwork like the movie poster, not a fan of the big head.

Gonna see how it goes with this one, I’m really looking to get a Star Trek or a Metallica though.
You are def starting down the rabbit hole with the pins. I said i just wanted / needed 1 and I would be fine... Now I have 3 ... plus a tricked out virtual pinball I custom built. I built a custom vewlix clone of my own design but even that I still needed to order a real one too.

You are def starting down the rabbit hole with the pins. I said i just wanted / needed 1 and I would be fine... Now I have 3 ... plus a tricked out virtual pinball I custom built. I built a custom vewlix clone of my own design but even that I still needed to order a real one too.
D65B0F9E-5E61-4785-8AF3-77C15366DFF1.jpeg

This isn’t funny but I literally bust out laughing cuz I thought we all took our shots then hugged and made up. Me and Jassin already made amends. Aurich and Rewrite reeled me in with valid points. I don’t want my first real post to end on a sour note.

Guys I just want my 1st vewlix cab. I haven’t heard from Cereth. KC has several for $1500 that I will most likely snag one from. Wish I could play with you big boy C and F model vewlix owners. But I can’t, I already have and expensive hobby and that’s fast cars
Yeah, I've just been savagely busy here. It's finally getting cold, slowing things down, and been prepping/running a con for this weekend. Do what you need, I'll get back to you if I get a chance. I just don't have details at my fingertips atm

I'm going to see KC this Monday to look at the Orange Vewlix Diamond. I'm still debating between the Orange and Blue, but heading toward more Orange as I think it's rarer and the SF5 arcade cabinet is that color also. Anyone want to chime in would be appreciated as I really like the Diamond series. Is there anything I need to look for while I"m there. The cabinet will like come with 1 player panel, but ultimately I want the 2 player panel. Is it hard to find one and how hard is it to modify it. Thank you all in advance.

You'll need to contact Taito for 2P panel. They sell panel and overlay separately. You're looking at $400 or so IIRC. The aftermarket panels available are all questionable at best so far, and none of them will have either diamond overlay anyway.

Go with the orange if only because they're definitely newer and has seen less use. The blue ones came out YEARS earlier.

I'm going to see KC this Monday to look at the Orange Vewlix Diamond. I'm still debating between the Orange and Blue, but heading toward more Orange as I think it's rarer and the SF5 arcade cabinet is that color also. Anyone want to chime in would be appreciated as I really like the Diamond series. Is there anything I need to look for while I"m there. The cabinet will like come with 1 player panel, but ultimately I want the 2 player panel. Is it hard to find one and how hard is it to modify it. Thank you all in advance.
Depends what you are going to use the cab for. If you want the most versatility, I would say get an F or a C with fast io / card reader. You can find a JVS much easier than a fast io, at least Taito still sells them for like $220 I think. These also have the JVS psu. So much easier to integrate with other systems. The C is also illuminated which is nice added bonus, plus I thin the build on them is a lot nicer. You can still get 2P panels for the F that also work well with the C.

The wiring harness on the orange is a little different to the rest of the vewlix line, the IO is usb based, not JVS or Fast IO, so that wont work for with JVS/Fast IO boards. The RFID reader I think ia also wire a bit different. A few other things also. I still hate the legs on these, the F/C have nicer one with the hidden levelers. Im now also hunting down the extra parts to be able to use the orange cab, so yeah more $$ on this cab to make it basically functional with game besides Magician's Dead.

If you just want to run modern consoles, etc..I say go for the Orange. For better support for everything else, I would say go for an F or C, hell with the sale KC has on those F for $1400ea, I would get 2 of those, instead of paying like $2500-3000 for the Orange. If you are looking to get an X4 to upgrade to SF5, you can find them on Yaj cheap enough now that the Orange one are being converted /retired in Japan.

Wow, I'm now kinda lost as I'm a total noob to this. I like the Vewlix Diamond due to 1080p screen, but have no idea about JVS or Fast IO or what it is for. I really don't know what I'm going to use it for but I currently have Atomiswave SD currently use for my Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Once I have my Darksoft CPS2 Multi-kit back, it will be in the Atomiswave SD. I want the Vewlix Diamond for other games as I get bored after a while playing the same game. This is why I like Darksoft CPS2 Multi-kit. I know the Vewlix are expensive and want to Diamond series as the screen is 1080p as I mentioned before plus it's a newer model, thinking it'll be more modernized with more up to date goodies. I have no idea what harness it come with and the difference between JVS, Jamma and other system. The only thing I know is if I want to play older games like CPS2, I will need some kind of converter for the screen and audio. If I want to hook it to PS3 or PS4 then it will be much easier, I think. Derick, I noticed that you have a F or C cabinet for sale and you switch 1080p and that thing cost about $1600. This is one of the reason why I thought getting the Diamond for the difference in price to justify if I ever wanted 1080p since all the other series like L, F, C, D, are 720p. Now I'm more confused than ever. Yikes

It can claim to be whatever resolution it wants, but panel native is panel native.
That would be 1360x768.
aka "720P"

it's incredibly rare to have true 720P displays, most are really 768P

probably because manufacturers were cheap and were just reusing the 1024x768 hardware that they'd been using for years on PC LCDs.

I still have my mind set on the Orange Vewlix Diamond as Rewrite stated that it's newer with less use. If I want to convert to JVS, Jamma, etc, how hard is it to do so. Thanks

Back