What's new
Want To Buy
Is there any unofficial locks that work with Vewlix cabs?

Also, how can you tell the difference between Vewlix C & Vewlix FC?
Yep. Credit goes to Dakken: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XM57FQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure you get the 5/8 inch. As for the "coin drawer" that seems to be the only lock thats different. Its a bit bigger, has a thick L shaped arm and uses a dimpled key. Luckily mine came with one. If it didn't i'd just find another lock that would fit cuz i ain't no Taito snob and refuse to pay the retarded prices for simple sh!t

Last edited:
I purchased for my L before and it was slightly too big. My cab came with the official lock but without a key. I’m still scratching my head why it didn’t work for me. Even Amazon is telling me I’ve purchased the same one before.

Did you use the straight or bent arms? I got the 5/8 inch lock and used the straight arms that came with it, not the bent/angled arm.

I got the 5/8 inch lock
Guys these are Japanese machines, they use a little system called metric over their... Maybe you've heard of it. :P
5/8th will kinda work, but notice how its not perfect? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but stop being cheap and order "real" parts.

Jesus, if any of you guys ever resell these machines how are you going to list them?
Base is a real Japan Vewlix, but every other part in the cab (locks, panels, power supplies, IOs) is a knockoff/repo/Chewlix?

I got the 5/8 inch lock
Guys these are Japanese machines, they use a little system called metric over their... Maybe you've heard of it. :P 5/8th will kinda work, but notice how its not perfect? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but stop being cheap and order "real" parts.

Jesus, if any of you guys ever resell these machines how are you going to list them?
Base is a real Japan Vewlix, but every other part in the cab (locks, panels, power supplies, IOs) is a knockoff/repo/Chewlix?
Most of the cabs i ever bought didn't have original parts...Hell the one i just bought had some weird ass sega panel on the vewlix. Very few would care if the cabs came with original locks or not. If they cared enough they will pay for new ones.

With that said, im getting the locks today.

I got the 5/8 inch lock
Guys these are Japanese machines, they use a little system called metric over their... Maybe you've heard of it. :P 5/8th will kinda work, but notice how its not perfect? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but stop being cheap and order "real" parts.

Will never sell my vewlix,..BUUUTTT to answer your question, I'd list my cab exactly as is EXACTLY how i've posted it on this forum. I bought a used vewlix L-AMI, not some ultra rare cab. If i buy a Honda as my daily driver i'm less concerned about original parts and more about it functioning. I'd get your point about restoring it with OEM parts if it was ultra rare and appreciating like a Ferrari. You're entitled to you're opinion but i could care less if you think i or anyone else is being cheap. I'm telling you it fits PERFECTLY on my cab. I cannot speak for anyone else.

The whole purpose of me creating this thread was because WAY too often those that have the snob or everything has to be OEM mentality scares away noobs or people who are less inclined. I've been in so many of these type of forums over the years and people tend to not ask any questions they may have when people like you throw your weight around......just like when you laughed at me like i was an idiot for wanting a vewlix in my desired price range. That woulda scared away anyone else, but the Army in me wouldn't let that happen not to mention the fact i've already seen these things go for the price i wanted. Why do you guys think my patience was wearing a lil then when i originally started this post??? Either way Merry Christmas to everybody!!!

Last edited:
I was first stating a fact, it's not a 5/8th inch lock.
Then stating my opinion on original parts that you may or may not agree with.

If you see this as "throwing my weight around" I'm afraid your sensitive attitude is the only problem here.

just out of curiosity how much does a chewlix roughly go for and where do people buy them from?

About $600 if you're importing a bunch yourself, resellers probably around $1000

I know a few people who have bought just the one and it's been like 600 to buy, then around 1200 in shipping and various fees.

Definitely cheaper to buy from someone else bringing them in.

cool...just curious as i have no room for another cab...but a vewlix/chewlix for my ps4 does sound tempting...my blast fits perfectly in my office...i cant imagine putting a vewlix in the garage

What's wrong w/ vewlix in a garage?

I powered both cabs and they work! I installed the fake locks & all fit great. thanks bgspot

i have to order 2 more for the back panel.

So is there a calibration thread for vewlix panels? VGA or DVI the preferred hookup?"

the only thing wrong w the vewlix in the garage is that it gets cold in the winter...and i have a big blue and a dynamo in there that i dont want to get rid of...and i have limited space bc i park our cars in there...

i know some of you here have legit arcade setups in your garage...i just cant get away with that...i play my ps4 every night in my office too so im used to the comfort of being inside

So i did a lot of moving my cabs around and also of stuff just got messed up.

The amp for the stereo jack got bent up and now just makes a huge buzzing sound. Anyone know where i can get a replacement amp for the vewlix. 49148024_10205277710018436_8949870898857377792_o.jpg

those usually get messed up if you are not careful. I had to order one of those at one point, I'll see if I find the link to where I bought it.

You can get these from taito, but they are like over $100 before shipping, etc....

Yea don't buy a new one from Taito, it will run you over 100$ with fees and shipping.
You more than likely can just reflow the PCB contacts of the 3.5mm connector.
Maybe fully remove it and replace if the reflow won't help.

The problem with these is the contacts rip out of the plastic housing, the solder joints are usually fine.

Your best bet is to just solder a new 3.5mm jack.

Last edited:
Back