What's new
Since it's SF6 I assume you're using PCs?

Have you had any issues with vsync or tearing between the two displays? I can't seem to get my setup to not have tearing on one display. I've tried setting them both to 60hz, different cables, forcing vsync on or off, toggling freesync, no good. I can only assume it's either because they're two different monitors, or my video card isn't up for it for whatever reason.
Yes, PC.

What do you mean they're two different monitors? Do you mean actual different models with different specs?

I'm running at 165hz over displayport, vsync off, screens mirrored from a 3080, no tearing.

Yes, PC.

What do you mean they're two different monitors? Do you mean actual different models with different specs?

I'm running at 165hz over displayport, vsync off, screens mirrored from a 3080, no tearing.
Yeah I'm using two different LG monitors. One is a 32QK500-C and one is 32GP750-B. The 32QK500 is the one I had first and when I went to go buy a second it was sold out.

The QK500 only does 60hz and 75hz, whereas the GP750 does 60hz, 120hz, and 144hz, so the only common rate is 60hz without making custom display modes.

I think the actual problem is coming from using one on HDMI and one on Display Port. Apparently the specs do not use the exact same refresh rates and will lead to this. Unfortunately my budget 6500xt only has 1 HDMI and 1 DP out, so I need a new gpu. I also set my cabs up for HDMI only, so now I need to switch that to DP. It never ends. :)

Ah, I see, yeah that sounds messy. Just to check, do you have FreeSync turned on for both monitors? It should still work at 60hz.

Obviously the 1440p picture is a big upgrade over 720p, but tbh the main motivation for upgrading for me was the high refresh rate for lowered input lag. It's not necessarily intuitive, but you'll still see the benefits of that with 60fps games, ie most fighting games. That's why I'm running at 165hz. It's diminishing returns going higher than that really. Even 120hz helps a lot.

I think the actual problem is coming from using one on HDMI and one on Display Port. Apparently the specs do not use the exact same refresh rates and will lead to this. Unfortunately my budget 6500xt only has 1 HDMI and 1 DP out, so I need a new gpu. I also set my cabs up for HDMI only, so now I need to switch that to DP. It never ends.
Before you go down another rabbit hole I'd try a cheap HDMI splitter. You can get one for under $20. The one I used years ago is out of stock but i tested it with a Time Sleuth and it didn't add any input lag. They're probably all using the same basic circuit honestly. For 60hz HDMI is just fine, and then both screens would be getting the same signal from the same cable type.

I haven't had time to finish things, I test fitted last night and discovered one of my measurements was off, my M8 bolts are just a little too low. So I need to recut the big clear acrylic part with everything shifted 10mm up. But this is the basic look of it all:
lg-bracket-draft.jpg

Really nice tuto ! Thanks for sharing it !
Anyone has a tuto for a vewlix C + lg monitor ? I’m struggling to contact hadouken arcade :-/

Last edited:
I’m impressed about

Really nice tuto ! Thanks for sharing it !
Anyone has a tuto for a vewlix C + lg monitor ? I’m struggling to contact hadouken arcade :-/
Not sure if I am missing something, but what does tuto mean?

I have a Vewlix C + LG 32GK650F-B installed with Hadouken mount. Happy to answer any questions I can if you need anything @Kiljon91

Not sure if I am missing something, but what does tuto mean?

I have a Vewlix C + LG 32GK650F-B installed with Hadouken mount. Happy to answer any questions I can if you need anything @Kiljon91
thanks ! I will if ,by chance, I could buy the Hadouken mount :-/ that's why I'm looking for another solution for the time being.

thanks ! I will if ,by chance, I could buy the Hadouken mount :-/ that's why I'm looking for another solution for the time being.
I may have a version one of his mount in storage I can sell. Feel free to send me a direct message if interested.

I realize this is a long, long, long shot, but has anybody ever done a DIY monitor replacement in a G Balance or SQ?

I've got two SQs and would like to figure something out for both of them. Would love to talk ideas if anybody has any experience. It's a bit different than a Vewlix back in there.

@FrancoB @Aurich By any chance are you guys open to selling this as a kit?
My stock screen (Vewlix C) is likely to be on its way out and the hadoken bracket while a great option will cost a huge amount to get one to the uk.
(I would love to do this myself but I lack the skill set at this time)

I would absolutely be willing to pay for these, just fwiw ✌️

@FrancoB @Aurich By any chance are you guys open to selling this as a kit?
My stock screen (Vewlix C) is likely to be on its way out and the hadoken bracket while a great option will cost a huge amount to get one to the uk.
(I would love to do this myself but I lack the skill set at this time)
What I did is just not really a 'kit'. I'd be happy to share some files, but you need a 3D printer and a laser cutter, and it's not exactly plug and play. Not hard either mind you. What @ikefc did in the opening post of this thread is actually probably easier for people to do though. I was just stubborn about trying to make my own since I have said 3D printer and laser.

Maybe combined with the 3D spacer idea around the frame? Those are simple to print. That might make it a stronger solution.

I'm super happy to share, files and knowledge. I'm just not available to print and cut stuff for people, I'm way behind on projects like my Tron Topper that I owe people builds of.

I'm working out a solution currently for one SQ. If it works out, I'll do it on the other.

Any possibility I can bug either @Aurich or @FrancoB for the files for those 3D printed brackets?

I'm using the same LG monitor that has been seen in this thread.

I'm working out a solution currently for one SQ. If it works out, I'll do it on the other.

Any possibility I can bug either @Aurich or @FrancoB for the files for those 3D printed brackets?

I'm using the same LG monitor that has been seen in this thread.
My STLs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Z4bi1mAHdz66phXgZTcYXzid6PsTaNn/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RhYPtyarAYnX7lvQQbb91k8sRmAqN6dH/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfKRmNEM0bcROrBpAY-rcDXZnavAaz-z/view?usp=sharing

They're designed to have 1mm of foam place between them and the side of the monitor frame, and use the stock screws.

Did you affix the glass from the original monitor assembly to the frame? (Apologies if this is written elsewhere in the thread)

Did you affix the glass from the original monitor assembly to the frame? (Apologies if this is written elsewhere in the thread)
Yes, the stock glass is re-installed per the normal method with the metal brackets, nothing changes on the front side.

I cleaned the glass and kept it stock because I want the anti-glare properties since I have other cabs and lit signs in the space.

I've uploaded my files to Printables.com [here]. Although I didn't need them myself I've also added a 1mm shim along with the 2mm in case anyone needs intermediate vertical adjustment.

Whilst I'm here, my previous plan was to make the monitor>cab mount in [this post] to get my cabs up and running and then pickup work on the universal mount later in the year. Rather than do the job twice I've decided to do it properly once. I've stopped working on that design and i've instead been focusing on an all metal mount and I'm just going through the design with my fabrication guy.

I'm going to make two mounts for myself and couple of mates. If you are interested @Exroath or anyone else then I can look to get some additional ones made. I'll be shipping from the UK so it might only be suitable for UK/EU guys but the design should make it fairly easy to ship. I'll most likely stick up an interest check thread soon to see if anyone wants one and/or is interested in help testing/developing the first version.

I've uploaded my files to Printables.com [here]. Although I didn't need them myself I've also added a 1mm shim along with the 2mm in case anyone needs intermediate vertical adjustment.

Whilst I'm here, my previous plan was to make the monitor>cab mount in [this post] to get my cabs up and running and then pickup work on the universal mount later in the year. Rather than do the job twice I've decided to do it properly once. I've stopped working on that design and i've instead been focusing on an all metal mount and I'm just going through the design with my fabrication guy.

I'm going to make two mounts for myself and couple of mates. If you are interested @Exroath or anyone else then I can look to get some additional ones made. I'll be shipping from the UK so it might only be suitable for UK/EU guys but the design should make it fairly easy to ship. I'll most likely stick up an interest check thread soon to see if anyone wants one and/or is interested in help testing/developing the first version.
I would be 100% interested if you can get an additional mount made. Cheers!

Back