What's new
Hi guys , for those who have the TA32Hxx screen ( without the main black frame) , I’m working on the corner brackets (3d printing) and will share the stl files here in few weeks .

Attachments

• 42AA43BD-B18C-4FDF-8175-750E7CE92AA5.jpeg
    42AA43BD-B18C-4FDF-8175-750E7CE92AA5.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 65
Finally it’s not thick enough, so we’re working on another unique model ( 2 holes per side ).
It should look like this .
Will keep you all posted once printed and tested , but for sure some longer screws will be required ( I guess it’s M3 models)
1680444734456.png

Edit : printed

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpeg
    IMG_2470.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Somewhat off-topic, but it sounds like angled display port/HDMI cables/adapters are required with the LG monitors. I need to use longer cables, so I'm looking at adapters rather than cables with angled connectors. Anyone have recommendations for adapters that support DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.1? Some claim to be, but you never know. Thanks!

As long as it's a relatively normal sized cable end, you don't need a right angle adapter. It just makes it easier.

Somewhat off-topic, but it sounds like angled display port/HDMI cables/adapters are required with the LG monitors. I need to use longer cables, so I'm looking at adapters rather than cables with angled connectors. Anyone have recommendations for adapters that support DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.1? Some claim to be, but you never know. Thanks!
I personally ordered the right angled adapter on Amazon

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpeg
    IMG_2472.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 58
As long as it's a relatively normal sized cable end, you don't need a right angle adapter. It just makes it easier.
This.

I didn't use right angled cables. They were kind of a pain in the ass to get in from the back in tight quarters. Once in I have no need to unplug them, and if I have to spend 5 minutes dinking around with them later that's whatever. But, that said, right angled would have made it easier probably.

Also, different monitors even from LG have the displayport connector in different places, so something to watch for. You definitely want to be using displayport, if you want the actual high refresh benefits.

I've uploaded my files to Printables.com [here]. Although I didn't need them myself I've also added a 1mm shim along with the 2mm in case anyone needs intermediate vertical adjustment.

Whilst I'm here, my previous plan was to make the monitor>cab mount in [this post] to get my cabs up and running and then pickup work on the universal mount later in the year. Rather than do the job twice I've decided to do it properly once. I've stopped working on that design and i've instead been focusing on an all metal mount and I'm just going through the design with my fabrication guy.

I'm going to make two mounts for myself and couple of mates. If you are interested @Exroath or anyone else then I can look to get some additional ones made. I'll be shipping from the UK so it might only be suitable for UK/EU guys but the design should make it fairly easy to ship. I'll most likely stick up an interest check thread soon to see if anyone wants one and/or is interested in help testing/developing the first version.

I've spent a lot of time on this recently but I'm really happy with how things have turned out. I got a design made and the legendary Craig @ atbfab.com fabricated the parts for me. I've had a few internal revisions and two production visions but this is where I am currently:

20230419_155110-XL.jpg

20230420_132258-XL.jpg

I've used 2040 aluminum section for the cross bracing as it's really strong but light. It also gives lots of bolt/clamping opportunities on all sides/ends.

This also makes it a modular mount so it's easy to make any future adjustments with out redesigning/manufacturing the whole thing and it also means it can be compactly packed for shipping.

20230419_155622-XL.jpg

PEM self-clinching nuts are used throughout. No drilling required.

Fitted to my Diamond Blue frames and LG 32GN550 displays:

20230405_210154-XL.jpg

20230420_131152-XL.jpg

20230420_094817-XL.jpg

20230421_204051-XL.jpg

I've also been working with my good buddy @wonderbanana during design. I took the third kit to his and we successfully fitted it to his Vewlix F and his LG 32GN600B (with the ridiculous protruding stand mount)

20230421_130759-XL.jpg

20230421_140252-XL.jpg

I measured up for the required corner brackets whilst I was there and I'll sort him out with a set of those too.

I've got a few more things to sort out and I'll then see if anyone else could use one.

Cross thread post but figured this project feedback is absolutely worth it!

Firstly many thanks to @FrancoB for allowing me to be a very small part of the project :)

The quality of this kit is INCREDIBLE, I was absolutely stunned by the attention to detail and how easy it was to assemble.

Amazing that this can all be done without any drilling to, so if for any reason I want to go back to stock, I can.

Over the moon with it, my cab is finally how I want it. :)

I've spent a lot of time on this recently but I'm really happy with how things have turned out. I got a design made and the legendary Craig @ atbfab.com fabricated the parts for me. I've had a few internal revisions and two production visions but this is where I am currently:

20230419_155110-XL.jpg

20230420_132258-XL.jpg

I've used 2040 aluminum section for the cross bracing as it's really strong but light. It also gives lots of bolt/clamping opportunities on all sides/ends.

This also makes it a modular mount so it's easy to make any future adjustments with out redesigning/manufacturing the whole thing and it also means it can be compactly packed for shipping.

20230419_155622-XL.jpg

PEM self-clinching nuts are used throughout. No drilling required.

Fitted to my Diamond Blue frames and LG 32GN550 displays:

20230405_210154-XL.jpg

20230420_131152-XL.jpg

20230420_094817-XL.jpg

20230421_204051-XL.jpg

I've also been working with my good buddy @wonderbanana during design. I took the third kit to his and we successfully fitted it to his Vewlix F and his LG 32GN600B (with the ridiculous protruding stand mount)

20230421_130759-XL.jpg

20230421_140252-XL.jpg

I measured up for the required corner brackets whilst I was there and I'll sort him out with a set of those too.

I've got a few more things to sort out and I'll then see if anyone else could use one.
Brilliant!

I certainly hope to have these available if people want them. This version fits my Dia Blue and @wonderbanana 's F. I'm going to remove one of my kits and send it to a friend who has a C and an L AMI for him to check fitment and see if any further mods are required. All being well I'll then get an interest thread up. I'll shoot you a PM once it's up.

Absolute fire, looks amazing. I don't even own a Vewlix and I imagine I never will, but I'm tempted to buy one, just in case!

If you're keeping a list, add me to it. ;)

Great work as always, Franco! Truly a treasure to the community.

Thanks all! ^^

I'll send you all a message once I've got a post up.

@Kiljon91 - brackets on their own will be no problem.
Thanks for your answer , I just replied .
Once again many thanks for your amazing work ! Franco is really a good guy and reliable !

Back