What's new
Someone says they can’t afford the $$, or don’t need the functionality and won’t pay for it, and due to that they get a board without the RCAs. It can obviously play out multiple ways.

I’d imagine building them all 1 particular way would be preferred over having to build 2 lots?

Leaving the rca jacks off wouldn't be terribly difficult. I would just need to know in advance if they don't want them.

If you’re collecting order data, I’m in for “the ultimate” version (with the RCA connectors). 👍

also for me with the RCAs pls

I didn’t specially say it in my previous comments, but RCA version for me as well please!

I’ll take the RCA’s as well. Just let us know if we should pay the extra 20 now or at shipping time (for those that have already paid). Thanks for the awesome work here!

Put jacks on all the pcbs and save the hassle. Whoever doesnt want the jacks, tell them its ok and include the jacks anyway. Just charge them the extra $20 as part of their shipping cost, prices went up because of insurance, priority mail and what not :D

Last edited:
So just so I get a complete understanding...

This Repro board, as I'm buying it/it's being sold, how is audio delivered? Over the jamma to the cabinet speakers, or is it dependent on a seperate amplifying device?

Either way, I'm fine with an extra $20 to make it the best it can be.

The sound pcb has the amp built in and outputs stereo sound directly to two speakers. However we discovered that the designers had also added 5 footprints for rca jacks. Two output line-level out, two are for mix in, and one is combined both channels and appears to be combined line-level out (Maybe for a sub?).

Mix in allows additional external audio sources to be played at the same time with the game audio. This was never used obviously. This feature could allow you to connect any other pcb with line-level rca jacks to the repro sound pcb and use it as an amp. It wasn't specifically designed for this use but it does work. I've used the repro as an amp for 3rd strike in testing.

Sound could be adapted to output over jamma. Cabs without amps wired for jamma audio are almost all wired for mono sound. I'm not an audio engineer so I'm not quite sure yet the best way to adapt the sound to jamma. The cab you use will also determine the best way to output sound. That's why line-level out is huge for cabs with existing amps.

Back