What's new
Ok, have an update for you guys.

I have a test PCB of the original layout, and the fitment was great, beveled edge on the goldfingers was pretty good. Everything was as expected.

After chatting with Mitsu we decided to make some changes, here is the new board layout/setup:

Black.png

• add an optional line-level audio control thumbwheel pot and in/out headers. This is for the cabs with amps that don't have volume control. It's meant to take the line-level audio from the Batman soundboard and then feed that to the cabs amp.
  • Fan headers have been moved to the right side of the PCB
For those that want the volume control option, do you want rca jacks? I can try to add those.

These are completely optional, the items highlighted do not need to be installed for the board to operational and you can save a few dollars.

Green.png

The, P1/P2 slide switches while fully functional, do not have a satisfying click/feedback, they just slide smoothly to either position. I will try to source a different switch if I can because I want that click :D

But. the PCB is ready to be ordered. I'm thinking maybe a green color with gold enig to match the STV mb? or do you guys want black/gold? The black and gold will cost a little more and take a little longer to fab, though.

I will tally up the costs of the PCB and parts and put up a list ASAP.

@Mitsurugi-w will be offering these for sale assembled and/or as kits, his choice. There will also need to be some harnesses made up.

Lastly, @plasticfactory will be getting the latest iteration of the PCB ASAP so he can finish up the case he has been working on, I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Last edited:
Woaw! - Love the stuff you guys do!
  • i would love a black pcb with gold fingers - Those look awesome. I take the "best" version available. Just let me know who gets which amount of money :P (hope i don't miss ordering those)
  • I am really looking forward for a case! - would love to see something i can just order, without tinkering too much with it.
Thanks a lot for all the greatness you guys do!

Is there any difference in sound output levels between Batman and other STV games when using the sound mixing setup via RCAs?

If there is and you need to adjust per game then a remote mounted volume control likely suits those of us who have their boards buried deep in a cabinet. (But if it’s set once and forget then the adapter option would be easier)

Does the button remapping have any negative affect on other games? Same reason as above, trying to see if it’s set and forget, or something that needs to be swapped each time playing Batman and then back for other games.

Thanks

@Derick2k can I use your new PCB with an OEM Batman sound board? If so, I'm going to hold off ordering the new SB with the audio out.

Thanks for doing these, I vote for the black and gold...

Is there any difference in sound output levels between Batman and other STV games when using the sound mixing setup via RCAs?

If there is and you need to adjust per game then a remote mounted volume control likely suits those of us who have their boards buried deep in a cabinet. (But if it’s set once and forget then the adapter option would be easier)
Not a problem, I can add in a mounting location for a header to extend/mount the volume pot on a separate pcb.
Does the button remapping have any negative affect on other games? Same reason as above, trying to see if it’s set and forget, or something that needs to be swapped each time playing Batman and then back for other games.
The button remap is only for the batman game, so you need to switch it back for the other games. This one unfortunately is not worth trying to extend off the board, we are talking about 24 connections. and getting into other remapping setups/extenders via multiplexers, mcus, etc...just doesn't make sense as it will drive up the cost/complexity.
@Derick2k can I use your new PCB with an OEM Batman sound board? If so, I'm going to hold off ordering the new SB with the audio out.
Dont see a reason why it should not work, if your sound board has the jacks, or you can add them/solder connections to it, it should work.

Not a problem, I can add in a mounting location for a header to extend/mount the volume pot on a separate pcb.

The button remap is only for the batman game, so you need to switch it back for the other games. This one unfortunately is not worth trying to extend off the board, we are talking about 24 connections. and getting into other remapping setups/extenders via multiplexers, mcus, etc...just doesn't make sense as it will drive up the cost/complexity.

Dont see a reason why it should not work, if your sound board has the jacks, or you can add them/solder connections to it, it should work.
Don’t change the audio location based solely off me, I’ve got a few external/remote volume control options so was trying to weigh up which one made the most sense.

Same for the button swap switches, I’ll just need to come up with a PCB mounting solution that makes these accessible in the cabinet without needing to move/open the cabinet over and over 👍

Thanks

Added an extension header for the volume pot. Again, you only really need this if the amp in your cab doesnt have volume control or you want to control volume from somewhere else.
This is an easy add to the PCB. Sorry I can do the button remap as an extension, etc... just doesn't make sense as Im trying to keep the cost the pcb/components as low as possible and there technically are other adapters to handle button remapping already.
1716847743729.png

What do you mean bro? Short on cash? I can get you one, don't sweat it!
short answer, yes. its my own fault tho. i appreciate the offer but maybe ill have time to recoup before it goes on sale. if its a couple weeks i should be fine.

I sent you a pm two weeks ago. I cant ship until you reply.

Back