What's new
I used Winimage...look at this simple method..

1.) Install Winimage
2.) Insert CF (should work with DOM, haven't tried with a sata hdd)
3.) Open Winimage
4.) Choose Disk on the options
5.) Choose Restore Virtual Hard Disk image on physical drive
6.) Choose generic storage device on the drive list or whatever device ID comes from your CF
7.) Choose Wargods Image where you have it saved (make sure you select all files on the drop-down to show the file)
8.) You get a warning to restore the image on the target. Click yes.
9.) It's done..plug and play
10.) F*** Chdman, lol
haha just made me one lol thanks for this simple method bro worked and boot up just like that lol.....

I'm probably overlooking it, but where can I find files to flash a boot rom?

And does anyone have an answer to my conversion question? Will an Off Road board work for this?

I'm probably overlooking it, but where can I find files to flash a boot rom?

And does anyone have an answer to my conversion question? Will an Off Road board work for this?
Does offroad have a slot to attach a HDD / CHD? I also think War Gods used a different sound chip (or something similar).

Pretty sure it does, I'll have to dig it out. No idea on the sound chip. I think I'll just hunt around for a War Gods PCB missing the HDD.

For anyone that has a Wargods PCB and has tried the new image files, can they confirm if their volume settings maxes out on default? I just want to make sure if it's really my theory as to why this is happening or its something else.

For anyone that has a Wargods PCB and has tried the new image files, can they confirm if their volume settings maxes out on default? I just want to make sure if it's really my theory as to why this is happening or its something else.
Mine was loud asf when i booted it up lol

Can you remove the board from your supergun and then reseat it to see if it defaults to max volume?
It will default to max volume. Press service mode button and then re-boot into the game and it'll load with the programmed volume you previously set in the game menu service mode. It will do this each time you boot up the machine.

It will default to max volume. Press service mode button and then re-boot into the game and it'll load with the programmed volume you previously set in the game menu service mode. It will do this each time you boot up the machine.
This behaviour is only if using a CF card?

My Carnevil defaults to max volume because the battery is dead, so that could be the case.

Anyone able to help confirm if they have a CF setup working that isn’t going to max volume?

Could be the battery being dead on the PCB's I tested it with or it could be the CF. Never had the issue with HDD's.
if the battery is the culprit, I think that is a weird design as someone who doesn't know would hook this up to their cab and possibly blow their speakers or maybe assume their board is bad.

I obviously thought that was the case with mine when it all defaulted to max. And it is kind of a chore to have to do this all the time whenever I decide to play it.

if the battery is the culprit, I think that is a weird design as someone who doesn't know would hook this up to their cab and possibly blow their speakers or maybe assume their board is bad.

I obviously thought that was the case with mine when it all defaulted to max. And it is kind of a chore to have to do this all the time whenever I decide to play it.
When I have availability to do so, I'll replace the battery on one of my War Gods PCB's and test w/ a CF. I wouldnt worry about speakers being blown and if you are, just unplug them for a quick sec. Will be a few weeks before I do it.

When I have availability to do so, I'll replace the battery on one of my War Gods PCB's and test w/ a CF. I wouldnt worry about speakers being blown and if you are, just unplug them for a quick sec. Will be a few weeks before I do it.
When I tested it, I had it on a supergun with composite output so I didn't worry about the speakers on my test tv, but it was a consistent issue when I would plug the board in at various times. Once you do that though, post pics. I would like to do the same to mine if it would fix that issue.

I can almost guarantee you its the battery. Midway pcbs rely heavily on the battery for settings. Dead batteries was not a concern to the manufacturer as the pcb was supposed to be retired before the battery died.

Back