What's new
I made an ssd for someone on the forum using the modified raw image file and it worked without issue. I used the pny 128gb ssd mentioned earlier in the thread along with the sata adapter.

Last edited:
anyone got a arwea
I made an ssd for someone on the forum using the modified raw image file and it worked without issue. I used the pny 128gb ssd mentioned earlier in the thread along with the sata adapter.
where can i get a area 51 site 4 bin file at ? i need to burn to a sata hdd

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but I’ve never been able to get a CF adapter that plugs directly into the board to work. The first two pictured are a no go (set to master or slave, I’ve tried it all), but the third with a ribbon cable works like a charm every time. This is true for both the new image as well as the old SETMAX method. I can also confirm neither of the two DOMs pictured work on my board. Super finicky.
IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but I’ve never been able to get a CF adapter that plugs directly into the board to work. The first two pictured are a no go (set to master or slave, I’ve tried it all), but the third with a ribbon cable works like a charm every time. This is true for both the new image as well as the old SETMAX method. I can also confirm neither of the two DOMs pictured work on my board. Super finicky.
IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg
Have you tried without a jumper at all?

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg
I don't know about yours but on my wargods board the IDE connector receptacle is mounted the wrong way, the recess for the key should be on the same side as pin 1, on my board it's facing pin 2 side.

1699621838089.png

It was not an issue with the ST9420AG hard drive as the connector has no key.

If your DOM modules or other CF adapters has a key, it should be inserted with the key facing the outside of the board.

I don't know about yours but on my wargods board the IDE connector receptacle is mounted the wrong way, the recess for the key should be on the same side as pin 1, on my board it's facing pin 2 side.

1699621838089.png

It was not an issue with the ST9420AG hard drive as the connector has no key.

If your DOM modules or other CF adapters has a key, it should be inserted with the key facing the outside of the board.
That probably explains why the plastic connector is broken on my board. But no, I knew the correct orientation from the ribbon cable that was attached when I got it. Good thought though.

Can confirm that a second Apacer 4GB DOM I tried DOES work. So I have one that does and one that doesn’t. Both work in Windows and I wrote each of them with CHDMan.

I can also confirm that swapping the battery on the board fixes the max volume setting at boot. That’s been a really annoying thing that I’ve been meaning to fix.
IMG_6199.jpeg

Last edited:
Back