What's new

Slipspace_88

Student
Reaction score
Hello friends,
Finally got my hands on a very clean CPS3 3rd Strike setup, including a NOCD cart of 3rd strike. Grew up playing 3rd strike on DC and it really became a holy grail of arcades if you could find one to play. There are 2 goals for me:
1. Play 3rd Strike in the OG format, hopefully give back and have some community events in the Bay Area, CA. I am a river to my people.
2. Learn about the CPS3 Hardware/Firmware, and Jamma. Very interested in upscalers from
Jamma Output to UHD. I have some experience with Verilog and checked out some of Altera’s supported libraries.

I did lots of research and ended up going with @axunworks SuperGun and Jamma extension to power the board and handle I/O. Waiting for that to arrive, I can also share some pictures of the board and it also came with the original paperwork, cd drive, and etc. I was surprised when this eBay purchase arrived, and the box looked destroyed but dang everything was in mint condition and packed perfectly for a change.

Next step, I’m using a 32 Panasonic CRT and building a frame out of 80/20 for the cabinet.

Feel free to hit me up, I’ll
Also reach out to the wonderful members of this forum as well. Peace!!

I would personally recommend saving and investing into an arcade cabinet... over a bunch of equipment like a supergun, monitor, controller pcbs, joysticks, etc. My preference would probably be a Sega Astro or New Astro City. But, there are plenty of good options. Candies and woodies.

I would personally recommend saving and investing into an arcade cabinet... over a bunch of equipment like a supergun, monitor, controller pcbs, joysticks, etc. My preference would probably be a Sega Astro or New Astro City. But, there are plenty of good options. Candies and woodies.
I totally agree, those New Astro City cabs are super clean and I really dig the original displays they came with. The main reason I’m building a cab from scratch is I have a large stash this aluminum framing stuff called 80/20 it’s used to build all sorts of cool projects. I’ll share some pics when I get the crt mounted to the base.

Yo! Just wanted to update this thread with the progress here. Decided to work on a CPS3 console setup to be more mobile with my 3rd Strike setup. Got lucky and snagged a Jensens custom CPS3 case, HAS supergun, OSSC, and a pair of undamned Pros. I’m my humble opinion it plays equally(if not a bit better) on my OLED than any traditional arcade setup I’ve played on, especially now that I have the OSSC working with AMD free sync and gaming low latency mode. Great times, now need to bring it all to a tourney.

Attachments

• B4970C24-D2FC-43FF-ADEA-AFB2320773EE.jpeg
    B4970C24-D2FC-43FF-ADEA-AFB2320773EE.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 88321B63-4712-413C-9E8D-98903781E813.jpeg
    88321B63-4712-413C-9E8D-98903781E813.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 39016D5D-50C9-47BA-8881-7125C26441CE.jpeg
    39016D5D-50C9-47BA-8881-7125C26441CE.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Welcome. Some of us play here in the Bay Area every few weeks. Mostly old Golfland folks. You are welcome to join us anytime.
Bro, I just realized how OG and skilled you are to be from the Golfland folks. Damn you all must be legendary players, I need to come visit and pay respects for sure. I have a great mobile CPS3 setup as well lol.

Back