What's new
Here is an update about what would be needed. Can you please @twistedsymphony update?
* It will work with ANY A Board for CPS1, those which have the sound section populated. Those A Boards from CPS1.5 will not work as they have dont have the sound section populated.
* It will work with C Boards that have the B-21 chip installed and battery. Those are: 90630C-4, 90631C-5 and 92641C-1.
* There are some C Boards that have been modified to work on default configuration, by cutting 2 pins that were originally connected to GND and connecting them now to Vcc. Those wont work unless the mod is undone. Obviously you need to remove the wire to the +5V before doing that. Check the following pins:
45/46 to Vcc = default keys
45/46 to gnd = battery powered

That's basically it.

Last edited:
Nice! So 10Mhz or 12MHz A-Board is fine. Is speed adjusted or compensated on the multi? I know someone’s going to ask, so would be nice to clear this up if possible :). Excellent work @Darksoft

Good question. There is an option on the design to allow for 10/12Mhz but it requires some user intervention on their A Board. Probably removing the Quartz or cutting a trace and using a Clock signal coming from the multi PCB. I don't feel comfortable with that. Any suggestions?

I think it’s a viable option to offer? Would ensure certain games run right at 10MHz on Dash and also offer those with 10MHz boards the functionality of a Dash I assume? Would open the doors up of donors further to offer 100% speed compatibility with 12MHz and 10MHz boards.

I don’t think that mod you spoke of sounds too evasive or difficult to enable the end user some further functionality. I guess there’s also potentially the option for a dual crystal board that can created and installed on an A Board, but that sounds like more work than your proposal…

Last edited:
Plan B sounds like a cleaner install solution.

If it’s auto switching that would be amazing. Otherwise I can predict switch placement might be difficult considering the location of the Crystal.

Here is an update about what would be needed.
Well, the good news is that this information isn't any different than what was already posted. however this thread was mostly about C-Boards without any mention of A-Boards. so I added a note about the Q-Sound A-boards not being suitable. and I also added the infomation about which pins to check on potentially de-suicided C-Boards.

I'll re-organize the information for clarity in the coming days. but in the mean time does anyone have a good clear picture of a Q-Sound A-Board

Well, the good news is that this information isn't any different than what was already posted. however this thread was mostly about C-Boards without any mention of A-Boards. so I added a note about the Q-Sound A-boards not being suitable. and I also added the infomation about which pins to check on potentially de-suicided C-Boards.

I'll re-organize the information for clarity in the coming days. but in the mean time does anyone have a good clear picture of a Q-Sound A-Board

Here you go. I also have a close up of the missing sound section

FF87A5C1-80C7-48EC-A3E5-98F048F16DA4.jpegCD186694-A3EE-4054-A474-92783DF30D59.jpeg0F295657-D9F9-451C-B2E9-C2288F96405B.jpeg

Plan B sounds like a cleaner install solution.

If it’s auto switching that would be amazing. Otherwise I can predict switch placement might be difficult considering the location of the Crystal.
In both cases the selection will be done automatically based on a file in each game folder.

Do A boards that are originally clocked at 10 MHz run stable at 12?

(This sounds similar to the DFO mod for consoles like Sega Genesis/Megadrive; a CDCE9xx chip programmed with two frequencies and selectable with a single logic pin)

(This sounds similar to the DFO mod for consoles like Sega Genesis/Megadrive; a CDCE9xx chip programmed with two frequencies and selectable with a single logic pin)
Yeah they do

Yeah they do
Most 10MHz 68K CPUs will overclock to 12MHz, but not all. It is best to install a genuine 12MHz CPU.

Looks much better than the listings picture...
Surprised me too, but a low cost risk. I have a clean cps1 dash board, but it has 92631C-6 and rather than risk damage to support key-writing (or use patched roms), I took a $30 risk for the proper c-board and it paid off. Just sharing the info in case anyone else is in my boat and a risk taker...

Surprised me too, but a low cost risk. I have a clean cps1 dash board, but it has 92631C-6 and rather than risk damage to support key-writing (or use patched roms), I took a $30 risk for the proper c-board and it paid off. Just sharing the info in case anyone else is in my boat and a risk taker...
Thanks for the link, I ordered one yesterday. I have a SF2 Hyper Fighting board which has no battery on the c-board, so this seemed like a good option in anticipation of the CPS1 multi. Hopefully the c-board I receive is as tidy as yours

Back