What's new

sersi

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a midnight tune 3 cab (just the wmmt3, not the dx) that is just booting into a kernel failed mount image screen. This keeps repeating. I don't get any beeps either from the mother board, only if I don't put in any ram. I have all original hardware expect for ram. I know these units are picky about what goes inside. Can the ram be interchangeable or is it like the gpu where you can just use any ordinary part on the n2.

What else causes this screen?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230621_075316.jpg
    20230621_075316.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 75
This is hardisk fail

Not necessarily.

If it fails to mount the image, that means the password it's using to decrypt the image is wrong.

The password structure is denoted by the flags given which determine order (e.g. pdm which is the default). As a result, aepass does the following:

1. Reads /proc/bus/pci/devices and converts the first two values of every row (interrupt and VendorID+ProductID) to two 4 byte integers and appends that to the key data.

2. Reads /proc/ide/hda/identify (which results in the entire ATA IDENTITY buffer represented as 16bit byteswapped values) and grabs [...] values and appends to the key data.

From here: https://medium.com/@dropkickshell/system-n2-exposed-5395436c824d

Did you have the cab working before this? What made you change the ram?

RAM should interchangeable because I changed mine when my motherboard beeping and the game wasn't booting up.

I have a midnight tune 3 cab (just the wmmt3, not the dx) that is just booting into a kernel failed mount image screen. This keeps repeating. I don't get any beeps either from the mother board, only if I don't put in any ram. I have all original hardware expect for ram. I know these units are picky about what goes inside. Can the ram be interchangeable or is it like the gpu where you can just use any ordinary part on the n2.

What else causes this screen?

Thanks
i know this is a bit old post, but i have encounter such error because of the vga card. We had both japanese and asia version which use different vga card type. i accidentally used another one and result in that very error.

Back