What's new

PlayYing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a few questions regarding the mammoth dual screen WWE Royal Rumble arcade.

1. Does anyone have a manual for this thing? Not on any of the usual sites.
  2. Any other Naomi /Naomi 2 games use this configuration in vs mode? IIRC Virtua tennis , Spawn and this use this configuration without special control panels/parts.
  3. One could theoretically put two different carts in each side. Put a new 2 joystick 12 button control panel and make it a much more functional cab , right? (Ugly art and ergonomics aside :P )

WWF was a single Naomi setup with dual JVS I/O Bds. I do have a pdf of the useless manual I can send you. Just email me at ken@irepairsega.com. It would have been a cool idea for Virtua Tennis to run on this cab but it would just be same view both monitors so kind of useless. WWF worked because of the play field layout.

you could potentially run Power Stone and Power Stone 2 in that cab.

AFAIK those are the only other 4 player from a single NAOMI unit games.

there is also Virtua Athletics supports 4P on single machine.
afair Power Stone 1 is 2P game.

I've run Power Stone 2 and Beach Spikers (Naomi 2) on a similar setup.

Virtua Athlete I still need to try out.

I've run Power Stone 2 and Beach Spikers (Naomi 2) on a similar setup.

Virtua Athlete I still need to try out.
so with your setup you have two monitors two Naomi's and two communicator boards right? So you can either play a linked game or two separate games right?

Nope. One Naomi, two IO boards. The screen output is the same for both monitors. There is no possibility of playing two separate games.

Nope. One Naomi, two IO boards. The screen output is the same for both monitors. There is no possibility of playing two separate games.
well, then this thing is a huge pile of turd other than those handful of games. Maybe a future project...

Well, there's no reason why you couldn't put two Naomis there. I'm sure there's space for it. You just need to wire it differently.

Back