What's new
For Sale
yep!

462E9C5D-6F27-48F3-88A8-61B03056C272.jpeg

Hey thanks!
How does the spade hold the resister? is it just snug?

Interesting... I've seen a harness or two with something like that.. I didn't realise it was a resistor/diode inside them

yes, very snug. Making sure that the full diode/resistor length (leads+resistor/diode) is cut to 2 CM, it's not gonna move.

(as you can see, mine in the pic wasn't, buuuuuuut.... provided you don't play with it too much it will be just fine :D )

I just put a Digi-key order in this afternoon.. I'll get some on my next order, they're out of spades. I could solder the resister in line and just put it in the box to protect it.

I opted to not use an op amp with mine and go direct to the IO. Have complete faith it’s close to the original sensitivity.

Hopefully my stick gets here soon… I still need a panel from @alberto1225 (holla) and this’ll stay mounted in the Blast for a while!

yeah I'll probably do that too until I get there's a restock of the op amp. I've got a couple JST RA connectors on the way, so I can make the harness quite easily.

I still need to order the panel from alberto (he's currently out of stock) and of course batch 2 of the banana. I'll be using it as the normal gundam.

I'm also hoping to put it on the blast (which will hopefully get tube swapped)

Ah, so it goes like this:

Gundam stick -> JVS IO analog port = Good to go
Gundam stick -> Sega OP AMP PCB -> JVS IO analog port = 2K resistor between pin 1 and 3 on the pots needed.

got it :D
The resistor go inline with the power and ground not between. Wire>resistor>pin 1 and you use another resistor for pin 3

Ah, the fact that gundam's joystick is 1K definitely makes sense as to why the repro boards didn't work for you. I definitely specified that the pots should be linear 5K, but good that you figured it out @XeD.

Also, as originally promised way back when, I am open-sourcing my design files for the repro board. I don't have the energy to keep making the repros and I'm out of them aside from a few that I'd like to keep for myself. The OSH Park shared design for the PCB is here https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Y6ouPNpT and you can just order it without worrying about gerbers or anything. The KiCad project, BOM and a few datasheets I used when making the schematics and such are here: https://github.com/DragonMinded/839-1187

@DragonMinded
Thank you! We’ve been planning to ask you if you wanted to make them again or not, waiting to finish batch 1 orders then open up the 2nd batch.
Cheers

Definitely lost my motivation when XeD said they weren't working with his setup. Hopefully at least they go to benefit others at this point, because I'm a bit burned out on making repros.

Back