What's new

Tonybolony

Professional
Reaction score
Does anybody have the time to explain how this all works if they have one please, i got my stuff , but i know Hammy is a busy man at moment with a lot going on so i dont want to keep pestering him , anybody have a user guide they wrote up at all ?

yeah , but i gathered others must have it and i know hammy is pretty busy at moment and has a lot going on

I have set your boards up already, all you need to do is burn the roms.
The ZN1 should just plug in and run as i set it up with the game...

i am on about when i put the sockets in the rom boards and then burn the eproms for future games if there is any order on the Romboards ? the board you sent with the two Eproms in it with monster Farm jump works a treat thankyou

All you need to do is download the files of the game you need and burn them off / set the sockets up on the romboards.
Most games are 2 or 3 chips so it's not worth populating all sockets.

Files will have 217,218, 219 etc in the file names , this is for the socket numbers.
The bios switch changes between bios, it's in "tecmo" mode at the moment , if you use taito game for example, you will need to switch it.

ok so i need to add another on the board then for G Darius as i see that has 3 files or is one of those files a bios image ? i think my confusion is that i had seen 3 files for Monster farm but the romboard only has 2 chips on it , by the way Monster Farm is the most addictive infuriating game ever lol

No, the bios is separate / done, taito bios is accessed by adjusting the switch.

The 2 smaller files are for the smaller chip sockets, they can be combined into UPROG to get the chip number down.

Small sockets use 27c801, big socket use 27c322

ok sorry for been so noob, so if i want to run Gdarius i just add 3 27c322 sockets to a rom board, and then switch to the Taito Bios , think i got it now :)

well i suggest you give it a go mate , like i say i have 1 game already running and its great fun

It's WIP hardware, everything works but it's hard to explain due to the number of bios sets / variants.
Slow down a bit , take your time. Especially on rom burning 322's they fail sometimes.

A lot of how it works is hard to explain, but easy to understand, MAME has the games grouped into the bios so you can check there. I think yours has Capcom, tecmo, taito and 8ing so if you try and run atlus for example , you will need to re-burn the bios.

Original games don't run with the mod bios, you need to remove the security chip and put decrypt rom in the rom #5 spot.

Ah yes, you will also need to know the jumper settings and correct GAL to use if you are doing capcom conversions :)

I just updated the "tested" column with the latest :)

Back