What's new
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omrW8FZiYJw

"boardless" conversion!
Sadly it's not as good as the bios board version as it cannot contain all manufacturers so won't play everything. (especially with 1 Vram LOL)

It's limited to 1 manufacturer like the original boards but does not use CAT chips so OK for a repair method if your CAT chips are gone or for a bog standard conversion.

Bloody amazing work. Is this available anywhere? I'd love to convert one of my EX2 boards to a much more useful TGM and skip the ebay tax.

Bloody amazing work. Is this available anywhere? I'd love to convert one of my EX2 boards to a much more useful TGM and skip the ebay tax.
Sure , single game converts / romswaps are a thing now on capcom.

For ZN2 the "boardless" bios is a good option at the moment as it's still locked out from running the ZN1 stuff at the moment.
Next time @caius sends some things over i will ask him to prepare some more bios IC's and you are welcome to send it over to be modded.

If you want to be ready for the multigame then the bios board is the better choice, again there's a wait for it as there's fixes / refinements still needed before i'm ready to do another run of them.

Sure , single game converts / romswaps are a thing now on capcom.

For ZN2 the "boardless" bios is a good option at the moment as it's still locked out from running the ZN1 stuff at the moment.
Next time @caius sends some things over i will ask him to prepare some more bios IC's and you are welcome to send it over to be modded.

If you want to be ready for the multigame then the bios board is the better choice, again there's a wait for it as there's fixes / refinements still needed before i'm ready to do another run of them.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good. I think the ZN-2's I've got are capcom and not Sony. Is it a difficult mod? If it's just swapping a surface-mount IC then I might be able to save a bit on postage :D

The chip method is not as easy as it looks, the footprints don't match and the legs must be bent under the chip and soldered on.
The same way as those annoying mortal kombat 2 RAM's basically, if you have done those before you should be OK.

If DIY i'd say the bios board will be the better choice, it takes more time but is a better finished result.

The latest bios will be 9 wires , no level shifter or ram to annoy!
Thanks to @caius for spinning up the new PCB (again!)

This will be the last bios board version, previous bios board setups are still valid and supported on whatever happens in the future.

Attachments

• BIOS_FINAL.jpg
    BIOS_FINAL.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 145
'm sorry but I was misunderstood I don't mean the gnet games.
But since the gnet is composed by 3 PCBs and the main board is a Sony ZN2 (if I'm not wrong) I was asking if the mainboard can be used with the proper romboard for a future product from you :)
Now possible to switch the board between G net and Capcom :P

All G net tested, 2 with issues - 1 of controller related:

CHAOS HEAT = WORKING
RAY CRISIS = WORKING
PUZZLE BOB = WORKING
GO BY RC = TEST MODE - CONTROLLERS
FLIP MAZE = WORKING
SHIKIGAMI = WORKING
SPACE INV = WORKING
KOLLON = WORKING
OTENAMIH = WORKING
OTENAMIHF = NOT WORKING CF
PSYVARIAR = WORKING
ZOKUTEN = WORKING
ZOOO = WORKING
NIGHT RAID = WORKING
OTENKI = WORKING
MAJONG OH = WORKING
SHANGSHORU = WORKING
SOUTENRYU = WORKING
USAGI = WORKING
SHANGTOUGI = WORKING
XII STAG = WORKING

There was 1 bios call @2bbc needed on shikigami and a few others but no problem!

Might be a silly question but Is it possible to reprogram the bios chip at all? Or program a blank device? Anyway to keep the board as original as possible? If not where do i get these boards from? Ciaus?

Might be a silly question but Is it possible to reprogram the bios chip at all? Or program a blank device? Anyway to keep the board as original as possible? If not where do i get these boards from? Ciaus?
It "works" but only useful for repairs.

The Final bios board is here but to be honest i've not had time to mess with it... Especially since falling ill a few days ago! :(

The good thing with the final is the jumper wires are on separate header so can use a removable cable.

Attachments

• IMAG0320[1].jpg
    IMAG0320[1].jpg
    148 KB · Views: 96
It "works" but only useful for repairs.

The Final bios board is here but to be honest i've not had time to mess with it... Especially since falling ill a few days ago! :(
It works as in you can but not to fix the game?

Can I buy a couple of these adapters please? or even the eagle file would be nice. You're in the UK as well so shipping shouldn't be that much of a hassle as well. That's if there is a non adapter option available that I don't know about.

BTW hope its nothing series. Get better soon :thumbsup:.

Back