What's new
For Sale
The GEC-561 hasn't been available for years now, or am I missing something?
Not from JST - there are surplus vendors that do have stock, they have had them for years, I just placed an order a few days ago for connectors and pins. I gues when these run out, then that will be that. But there are still plenty to go around.

The GEC-561 hasn't been available for years now, or am I missing something?
Yeah, you actually are. This was originally a sales post. I believe OP figured it out down to the SKU level and was given a high price from his source. OP saw an opportunity to contribute or maybe make a profit, and offer up each unit at $70. Not knowing that distributors have it available for yours for about $12/unit shipped. Other members chimed in and OP was edited down to an informational post. The merit of the information remains. The hyperbole, like "chance of a lifetime!", in the original OP has been edited out. Like @Derick2k, not a reflection on OP. Rapture of excitement must have got him.

Okay clear, thanks guys. If they are still around then that's definitely interesting :)

Yeah I think I have made a mistake here and was hyped up by my seller. I need to look into other sources for these since you guys are just here to help. I am going to edit this and eat my lunch.
Did you get it from Quest, i think they are the cheapest ones that have these. yeah other place will hike up the prices.
So I went to Quest for my quote...some yahoo just bought the last 4000 ream of pins....If that was one of you beautiful and lovely yahoo's, they were .08 cents per pin.....if you have some pins you'd like to sell for a reasonable rate, i'd be in...as I have 2 AWSD's....is not....all good.

Yeah I think I have made a mistake here and was hyped up by my seller. I need to look into other sources for these since you guys are just here to help. I am going to edit this and eat my lunch.
Did you get it from Quest, i think they are the cheapest ones that have these. yeah other place will hike up the prices.
So I went to Quest for my quote...some yahoo just bought the last 4000 ream of pins....If that was one of you beautiful and lovely yahoo's, they were .08 cents per pin.....if you have some pins you'd like to sell for a reasonable rate, i'd be in...as I have 2 AWSD's....is not....all good.
Jesus....I still have from my order from last year. Ill send some your way. PM me

Maybe the OP made the purchase for what stock they had? If quest is out, I think there is another surplus company that has, but you gotta ask for quote.

Uhh, anyone want to deal me some pins as well?

I did a RFQ from Quest to see how much the pins were, (someone also mentioned in the thread so not really needed) so I think that may have been me. I didn't end up buying any so the stock should show them there unless someone else snatched them up.

I asked for a quote just now, and got a response back "Stock sold already".

I too have been looking for a edge connector with crimp on pins.
Here is TE Connectivity's version (I think):
  • Edge Connector Part No. 583859-1
  • Crimp Pins Part No. 5-583616-2
The card thickness range on this seems to be pretty good at 0.055" ~ 0.070" (1.40mm ~ 1.78mm). Friendly to JAMMA boards I would think? This is in comparison to Sullens and EDAC's edge connectors (non-crimp pins) which is at 0.062" (1.57mm). Both are known to be quite snug. I don't know what JST's, Hirose's, or Molex's card thickness tolerance is.

Lots of stock is shown on all over the place. Is this info known? I just stumbled upon it as I was browsing around.

Jesus....I still have from my order from last year. Ill send some your way. PM me
Maybe the OP made the purchase for what stock they had? If quest is out, I think there is another surplus company that has, but you gotta ask for quote.
Hey @Derick2k Man...I totally missed this message. I wound up cancelling the connectors order....so im fine....but thank you so much for the offer!

Seems karma bit me in the butt big time, now I need a few of these pins (~10) and looks like they aren't available anywhere. If anyone has about 10 (or more) of these pins they are willing to sell, please send me a PM. I need them to complete my Super Neo 29 restoration.

Way late to the party, but if anybody is sitting on a hoard of these and wants to sell me a few pins, please PM me.

Thanks!

Well, since this was 'resurrected' I can add my own request ...

Anyone have one of those JST housings left over they want to part with?
(no pins needed, only need one housing as an exact replacement for my AWSD)

Thanks all

Well, since this was 'resurrected' I can add my own request ...

Anyone have one of those JST housings left over they want to part with?
(no pins needed, only need one housing as an exact replacement for my AWSD)

Thanks all

Two vendors are listed as having the connector in stock at Octopart: https://octopart.com/search?q=gec-561 - did you try contacting them?

Minimum order quantity was 5 pieces, I only need one though as sadly I only have one cab. So just throwing out feelers to check if someone has one left over.

Is this what folks were looking for?
Thanks for keeping an eye out !

Form the picture I think they may not be the JST connectors, as far as I can tell from the small picture, those are missing the 'tabs' on the side
1642933220011.png

Back