What's new
I'd suggest some part of DIMM volume must be reserved and can't be used, because as someone reported "Senko no Ronde New" won't work too, but it's size is about 254MB (0x0fe40000)

I'd suggest some part of DIMM volume must be reserved and can't be used, because as someone reported "Senko no Ronde New" won't work too, but it's size is about 254MB (0x0fe40000)
That was me, Senko no Ronde and Senko no Ronde SP both work fine but Senko no Ronde New Version was too large.

I thought the file I had was well over 256MB, or at least substantially larger than the other versions it was a while ago when I tested so I may be remembering the size incorrectly. I just remember the file seeming so abnormally large that I got another copy to verify.

. found a 27c160
. burned Multi BIOS
. powered NAOMI2, no go, 3V3 is 3V1
. find a new PSU
. NAOMI2 powers up
. Insert 512 MB DIMM
. Inset CF card with Rhythm Tengoku
. Wait for memory check
. Wait for game load
. Wait for memory check
. Board reset...

SUCCESS :D

. found a 27c160
. burned Multi BIOS
. powered NAOMI2, no go, 3V3 is 3V1
. find a new PSU
. NAOMI2 powers up
. Insert 512 MB DIMM
. Inset CF card with Rhythm Tengoku
. Wait for memory check
. Wait for game load
. Wait for memory check
. Board reset...

SUCCESS :D
So you are confirming that Rhythm Tengoku is 100% working?

as was said, you need to learn that means term "MB" ;) its not 1 000 000 bytes as you may thinkactually 256MB is 268435456 bytes
This eternal confusion is because marketing decided that they could sell "bigger hard-drives" by using 1000's instead of 1024.

These days we should use MiB (Mebibyte) when referring to 1024x1024: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

Yes! Even played a few of the mini-games, but as I said this is CF-Card which has a higher compatibility rate than netboot.
Do you have the ability to test netboot? I'm waiting for some SIMMs to arrive to upgrade my DIMMs so I can't do any testing now.

Also, would you mind testing Toukon Retsuden 4? We posted it the other day but have had no feedback from anyone with a large enough DIMM.

Yes! Even played a few of the mini-games, but as I said this is CF-Card which has a higher compatibility rate than netboot.
Do you have the ability to test netboot? I'm waiting for some SIMMs to arrive to upgrade my DIMMs so I can't do any testing now.
Sorry no, I need to dig up my netboot DIMM from somewhere in the garage to do that, after I got the CF-Card I never looked back :)

I edited my last post while you were typing I think. ;)

it loop with the loading game and checking memory for me

EDIT : After 3 or 4 loop , I have the error 21 : game note accpetable by main board
I need a japan bios ? It's a naomi 2
surely you custom cf reader had some bad wire connections. Happen to me everytime, got bad dupont cable.
Move your wires gently and try again

Just tried Rhythm Tengoku over Netdimm, worked great, played a few rounds.

Toukon Retsuden 4 loaded, showed that "notice distribute only in Japan" screen, an MPEG softdec screen, then stayed at a black screen.

surely you custom cf reader had some bad wire connections. Happen to me everytime, got bad dupont cable.Move your wires gently and try again
I don't think. I played with many games with it with no problem. After RT , I played virtua golf with the same CF with no problem.

Have you tested with a naomi or naomi 2 ?

Last edited:
The early bird catches the worm

Tested Toukon Retsuden 4 on 512 MB DIMM, NAOMI2, CF-Card. Game loads, gets to MPEG SoftDec and hangs.
Ok. Two confirmations of the same issue.

Does any one have the manual for Rythm tengoku ?
A scan or a photo of the wiring diagram will be great !
thank you :)

Back