What's new
Does anyone know the eeprom equivalent so I can write a copy to the cart?

What ic do I need to update/convert a MvC2 cart to this new code

Sega Blast City Arcade - Cabinet Restore - Part 1 - Adding Games to the Naomi Pi [HD]

Hey everyone,

In this tech video, I do a step by step walk through on the Sega Blast City Arcade adding games to the Naomi Pi. I add the Atomiswave library to add to the existing Naomi library already loaded in the Naomi Pi. This also works for Naomi games, including the new Marvel vs Capcom 2 Unlocked all characters, which I added and working perfectly!!!!

All this and much more in this video...

Hope this helps out. You guys/this forum gave me the information and confidence to figure this out and find the ROMS. Thanks again

Sega Blast City Arcade - Cabinet Restore - Part 1 - Adding Games to the Naomi Pi [HD]

Hey everyone,

In this tech video, I do a step by step walk through on the Sega Blast City Arcade adding games to the Naomi Pi. I add the Atomiswave library to add to the existing Naomi library already loaded in the Naomi Pi. This also works for Naomi games, including the new Marvel vs Capcom 2 Unlocked all characters, which I added and working perfectly!!!!

Hope this helps out. You guys/this forum gave me the information and confidence to figure this out and find the ROMS. Thanks again
@TopTierArcade very nice video. I think this deserves it's own thread.

Hey everyone,

@TopTierArcade very nice video. I think this deserves it's own thread.
Very nice of you to say and recommend. I also put it under the Naomi/Atomiswave section
Atomiswave-2-Naomi Conversion

Just wanted to say thanks again! I had to load a different game and then the hacked MvC2 so that everything unlocked (probably because MvC2 was the last game loaded)

Just wanted to say thanks again! I had to load a different game and then the hacked MvC2 so that everything unlocked (probably because MvC2 was the last game loaded)
My absolute pleasure! Happy it all worked out and you are enjoying the games.

Here's a pre-made IC22.bin if you want to program this for your real cart.

https://mega.nz/#!M0wXhaAC!69OPhH6tZh3o3AvHH83NzrDsyzVpvDdepnO5LzWo1DY
Tested on 3 different US NAOMI's and a Japanese NAOMI2.; this worked beautifully! Now my OG MvC2 cart has all the characters unlocked without ever having punch in the codes. Just make sure you wipe the NAOMI's settings if the last cart plugged into your NAOMI was MvC2, otherwise it will load the settings saved to RAM. Pop in another cart to do this or do it from the TEST menu.

Thank you @pzlate and @MetalliC!

what is an equivalent eeprom and a good programmer? I'm thinking about upgrading

M27C322-100F1 (4MB file = 32mbit rom)

Top2049 or 3000 is my go to cheap programmer, but there is a whole thread on here about that. Best, low cost, programmer for most arcade hobbyists to have???

I am always willing to burn the occasional rom for forum members at near-cost if you don't have access to a programmer. But I encourage everyone to learn if they have reason.

For some reason I tbought it was a different eeprom. I can burn those with my 2 current programmers. Time to buy some eeproms

naomi IC22 is the only normal eprom in the carts, 27c160 if its 2mb. The rest are surface mount roms.

For some reason I tbought it was a different eeprom. I can burn those with my 2 current programmers. Time to buy some eeproms
You don't have to buy new EPROM's, you can erase and rewrite the one that is in there. Just pop it out from its DIP package. You'll have to unscrew two screws from the PCB to remove the shell to do this. No biggie though.

Back