What's new
@zeruel85 - It produces slightly more ripple noise than the MWP-606. I own the RT-65A and RQ-65B and I can see noise in the displayed picture. Maybe the RT-125A is somehow better than those two.

The Mean Well MWP-606 and SUZO 42PP0606 PSUs are identical and seem to be the most popular among the HAS users.. Is there anybody willing to design a cover for the screw terminal for this PSU that could be 3D printed?
if someone wants to lend me one of these PSUs I'll design a screw cover for it.

though looking at the pictures I don't really see a good place where such a cover could attach.

though looking at the pictures I don't really see a good place where such a cover could attach.
It would prob need to be like a nose cone or cap, not sure how else you would secure it.
What about a full enclosure like a PSU caddy?

if someone wants to lend me one of these PSUs I'll design a screw cover for it.
Something like this?

4abe57b3cb924f0c12c96a978f4108ea_preview_card.jpg

Reactions: RGB
@deibit Exactly, but the MWP-606 doesn't have such mount holes :/

This one is for the RT-125A I guess? Could you please share the source of this cover?

@RGB what about Mean Well RT-125A? I'm just thinking to buy one, is it worth?

Thanks. :)
I use an RT-125A with my HAS. It works fine, however boards that consume less than 1A (MVS MV-1C for instance), have trouble since the PS requires a minimum load to work.

Finally received my PCBs from OSH Park :)

40491484562_7681d11bd3_z.jpg

With this adapter you can connect HAS with the OSSC using a standard VGA cable.

You can also use a VGA->BNC cable to connect it directly to PVM/BVM monitors.

Order the PCBs from here. If there is enough interest I can start stocking those, too.

Edit: The adapter comprises of a female VGA connector (HD15) and a 1x8pin 18mm goldpin header. The header pins need to be moved a bit so that you end up with 10mm long pins that connect to HAS, and shorter ones that will go to the adapter. You will also need two 15mm long screwed spacer sleeves and bolts to install the adapter.
39823893754_6ed85b440f_m.jpg
I would love to pick up one of those finished adapters with my next HAS order (when ever the next run is :)

Reactions: RGB
Would it be possible to have a portable design like Windy Gaming ATP300 where it has built PSU and a rugged enclosure for tournament setup?
If you can make it even smaller than Windy Gaming supergun, it would be true feat as I dont see any supergun on the market that is actually smaller than that (given HAS supergun has to comes with bulky Arcade PSU as the main power source).

I read through all 40 pages in the last couple of days, was just going to ask about something like this.

Ideally what would make this supergun awesome would be portability fully enclosed with all ports like the UD-decoder mounted onto a flat surface just like a console. And of course the possibility to use a laptop brick or some sort of pico PSU that could fit inside the case and only need to have a cable to plug in to the back of the enclosure.

Was actually thinking in my head if I have the skills to make something like this that I envision, this supergun is on my wish list for sure.

@modology, @The Spaniard - I built a few superguns like that in the past - Supergun showcase!

I wish I could build more of those, but it's just too time consuming and expensive this way. I came up with HAS as a less expensive solution that I could offer to more than just 4-5 people per year. The biggest obstacle for me is the JAMMA harness. I hate building those, and I'm not satisfied with the pre-made Chinese ones, I couldn't offer them with my device.

Damn, HAS you been holding out on us :D

Why don’t you do an interest check post? I would love get 2 supergun setups like that one. Need one for the pvm and one for the plasma.

Let men know if decide to make a run of these, minus the Jamma Harness is fine for me. Maybe if you get enough peeps to make it worth the time??

Maybe incorporate a space for peeps to install/integrate an Ossc into it??

Back