What's new
CPS2 A+B → HAS Supergun → 8pin mini din/Scart Cable → OSSC →HDMI Cable → HD TV
Hopefully!
If he is unlucky/uneducated with his choice of HDTV however, It could end up being like...

CPS2→HAS→8pin mini-din SCART cable→OSSC→HDMI cable→iScan DVDO VP30→HDMI cable→HD TV

is this common practice? I’ve never heard of it before. I have a similar interference issue with one of my superguns.

Anyone want to go into detail why there are 2 different ground connections for us newbies?

@8bitforlife - I fear this might be due to ground loops/home wiring issues. Try to connect PSU's signal ground (marked GND/COM) to frame ground (marked FG).
I just want to follow up and say connecting fg to g on my arcade supply absolutely fixed my interference issue. Spot on RGB!

Long-time lurker and first time poster chiming in!

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a HAS 3.1 from the previous batch, and have been enjoying it immensely. I recently bought an AvP B board, too, and would like to play it with a few of my mates.

Unfortunately, Mike is out of 3P4P adapters, and the minimum order size from OSH Park is 3 pieces. Would anyone else be interested in buying an adapter from him, so we could meet the minimum order size?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Mike is out of 3P4P adapters, and the minimum order size from OSH Park is 3 pieces. Would anyone else be interested in buying an adapter from him, so we could meet the minimum order size?

Thanks!
@dr_myslihiiri From Osh Park will come assembled aready or just as a board ? Cheers !
As @Sp33dFr34k already mentioned, the PCBs come from OSH Park unpopulated. However, it was my understanding that if Mike gets enough orders to meet the OSH Park minimum, he would build the adapters for us. (Please correct me if I misunderstood you, @RGB.)

That is correct, OSH Park minimum order amount is 3pcs, so to make it cost effective it will be best to find buyers for the remaining adapters. I'll also upload the design to OSH Park and make it available for people to order.

Well, I'm looking at the following which may help with your minimum order:

1x HAS
2x Saturn Adapters

Since the Saturn adapters say they do CPS2 6-buttons, would I still need the CPS2 Kick harness? If so, then 2x CPS2 Kick harness.

1x 3P4P adapter and 1x CPS2 3 and 4 player adapter.

And finally, I want to use and OSSC and F3 board, so I guess I need one of the following:

HD15 adapter PCB or 8pin mini DIN to HD15 adapter PCB, but I'm not sure what the difference would be. I have an extra VGA cable, so maybe that is the answer? But, I'm still hoping you incorporate some sort of fix in the next HAS to avoid the need for this! :P

Asumming @RGB will make other batch for the follow prdoucts ... i'm in for :

+ 1 x 3/4P adapter
+ 1 x CPS2 Player 3 and Player 4 harness for the 3/4P adapter
+ 1 x Konami Player 3 and Player 4 harness for the 3/4P adapter
+ 2 x Saturn adapters (if will have it on your schedule - hope will be available also)

Just one comment to that tutorial - it's not advised to power on HAS without the PCB game (i.e. no load), as you could see the voltage peaked to around +5.36V, that can be dangerous to components on the HAS. Also, if you set voltage to +5.00V without proper load, you'll see that when you power it on with a PCB game, the voltage will drop to +4.7-4.9V depending on the game.

@8bitforlife - definitely worth trying the ground loop isolator, it's inexpensive. Have you tried to join GND with FG on the PSU? If you do, make sure you don't touch the PSU cage and audio/video cable at the same time (when they're powered on).
i got a new cord completely shielded no more interference. I also got that ground loop device ill try it with old cord to see if it gets rid of the interference. Ill Let you know.

Just one comment to that tutorial - it's not advised to power on HAS without the PCB game (i.e. no load), as you could see the voltage peaked to around +5.36V, that can be dangerous to components on the HAS. Also, if you set voltage to +5.00V without proper load, you'll see that when you power it on with a PCB game, the voltage will drop to +4.7-4.9V depending on the game.
What's the best way ? I was afraid that if I hook up an actual pcb game... high voltage might fry the pcb board instead?

Back